The international design contest jumpthegap® is promoted by Roca with the collaboration of BCD Barcelona Design Centre.
Consolidated as a global reference, it offers a platform where international designers and architects under 40, or students from those disciplines, can show their talent by providing conceptual, sustainable and innovative solutions for the bathroom space of the future. On this edition, jumpthegap® is presented aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, concretely with number 6.
Since its first edition, the jury of jumpthegap® has stood out for its relevance, gathering renowned professionals from the field of design and architecture. In this edition, the President of the jury for the Student and Professional categories is the acclaimed Brazilian architect Ruy Ohtake. All other members are prestigious professionals from different countries all around the world.
Categories and prizes
The competition awards three prizes:
- Professional and Student categories: 10,000€ each.
- Special We Are Water Foundation Prize: 6,000€.
Key dates and registration
- Free registration through the official website www.jumpthegap.net until the 27th March 2019.
- The project submission period will be open until the 25th of April 2019.
- A refine period opens in May and once all final projects have been received, the jury will make its selection in June 2019.
- The Award Ceremony with the finalists from all over the world and the jury will take place at the Disseny Hub Barcelona on 10th October 2019.
Title8th jumpthegap® Roca International Design Contest
TypeCompetition Announcement (Ideas)
Registration DeadlineMarch 27, 2019 12:00 PM
Submission DeadlineApril 25, 2019 12:00 PM