AZURE Magazine is inviting architects, designers, students, clients and manufacturers to submit to the 9th annual AZ AWARDS competition and get their exceptional work the recognition it deserves.
Established in 2011, the AZ Awards is an international competition acknowledged for its influence and significance within the global design and architecture sphere, and is a unique opportunity for practitioners in the design and architecture community to receive the exposure and recognition that their exceptional work deserves.
Entries are juried by a panel of international design experts at the forefront of their professions.
Finalists and winners will be published in the 2019 AZ Awards Annual issue and will be recognized at the AZ Awards Gala in Toronto in June 2019. Watch scenes of the 2018 AZ Awards Gala here.
The competition is open to architects and designers from all disciplines, as well as students, manufacturers and clients for work completed by December 31, 2018.
Submissions close Tuesday, February 19, 2019 (early bird submissions end February 1, 2019).
Online entry portal and more information at awards.azuremagazine.com
- Competition opens: January 2, 2019
- Early-bird deadline: February 1, 2019
- Competition closes: February 19, 2019
- Finalists notified: April 2019
- People’s Choice voting: April and May, 2019
- AZ Awards Gala in Toronto: June 2019
Winners featured in the AZ Awards Annual: June 2019
- Architecture: Residential Buildings; Commercial and Institutional Buildings over 1,000 square metres; Commercial and Institutional Buildings under 1,000 square metres; Temporary and Demonstration Projects
- Landscape Architecture: Public and Private Landscapes
- Interiors: Residential Spaces; Commercial and Institutional Spaces
- Design: Furniture; Furniture Systems; Lighting Fixtures; Lighting Installations; Interior Products; Architectural Products
- Experiential Graphic Design
- Concepts: Unbuilt Buildings; Concepts/Prototypes
- A+ Award: projects developed by a student enrolled in a post-secondary design or architecture program in 2018. The winner of the A+ Award receives a $5,000 cash prize.
All entries may be considered for the Social Good Award and/or the Environmental Leadership Award by election. A winner in each of these two categories will be selected. Projects may be entered in one or both categories. For the Social Good Award, projects must advance social equity and have a positive impact on the collective realm. For the Environmental Leadership Award, projects must show sensitivity and respect for the use and management of natural resources throughout their lifecycle, especially with respect to materials and energy use.
Submissions close Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
Online entry portal and more information here.
The 2019 AZ Awards is presented by Ceragres, Keilhauer and Landscape Forms, and sponsored by Cosentino, George Brown College School of Design and TAS. The AZ Awards Gala sponsors are Alpi and Scavolini.
Media Partners: Archello, Archiexpo, Archilovers, Archinect, Archiproducts, Architect@Work, The Architect’s Newspaper, Architonic, Bustler, Interior Designers of Canada, INDEX Design, World-Architects and v2com newswire.
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleCall for Entries: 2019 AZ Awards
TypeCall for Submissions
Submission DeadlineFebruary 19, 2019 10:36 AM