Eastman Seeks Nominations for 2018
Vanceva® World of Color Awards™
Global Architectural Design Competition Opens January 8
KINGSPORT, Tenn. Jan. 8th, 2018 – Eastman (NYSE:EMN), manufacturer of the Vanceva® Color System for lam-inated glass, is now accepting nominations for their Vanceva World of Color Awards™. Professional architects, interior designers, glass fabricators, engineers and other industry professionals interested in submitting work in the 2018 Vanceva World of Color Awards™ can now enter their projects.
Each year this international design honors architects, interior designers, glass fabricators, furniture designers, glazing contractors, engineers and artists for their innovative use of colored laminated safety glass in building design and interior spaces around the world. The entry deadline to submit basic project information is Sunday, April 15 at 11:59 pm CST. There is no entry fee and all entries can be uploaded at www.vanceva.com/woca/submit-a-project. A pre-selection process will take place and qualified project submissions will be announced Monday, April 23. Final submissions are due Thursday, May 31 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Winners will be announced on July 16th and will be formally recognized at the Glasstec Trade Fair in Düs-seldorf, Germany, October 23-26th.
“The purpose of this award is to recognize the best of the creative disciplines from around the world and cre-ate awareness for glass design practices and principles,” said Doug Marren, Global Marcom Manager Advanced Interlayers for the Vanceva Color System. “Being recognized as a winner of the Vanceva World of Color Awards brings international recognition and visibility to a project.”
The Vanceva Color System offers architects and designers unparalleled creative freedom to incorporate color into glass and glazing systems using tinted interlayers, which are laminated between two pieces of glass. A palette of 16 colors can be combined in up to four layers to produce more than 17,000 transparent, translu-cent and solid glass colors. This gives designer’s unmatched flexibility to create custom colors and one-of-a-kind aesthetics. Vanceva color interlayers also offer all the benefits of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayers for laminated safety glass, including security, solar control, sound insulation and UV protection.
The Vanceva World of Color Awards competition is an international recognition program any professional in-volved with architecture and design. Below is key information for project submissions:
• Submissions of projects can be done electronically at www.vanceva.com/woca.
• All entries must include the liberal use of Vanceva laminated color glass products.
• When entering a nomination, Step 1 includes the basic project details (project’s name, location, architect and glass laminator). If you are preselected, you’ll be asked to complete an in-depth questionnaire to give a descriptive overview of the project, explain your inspiration and vision, and provide further details.
• No entry fees are required.
• There is NO limitation on the completion date of the project.
• Projects submitted from previous Eastman competitions are not eligible for consideration.
• Any individual or group of individuals contributing to the design of a project may submit a nomination. Multiple entries from an individual or group are acceptable.
• Projects should be submitted in English (as the jury is international).
• Include detailed photography of the glazing used in the project as well as several additional photos that portray the overall scope of the project. Interior and exterior views are preferred, if possible. Design studio sketches, drawings and renderings that help communicate the location, and form and function of the glaz-ing in the overall design are also strongly encouraged.
• Winners will be determined by a jury panel made up of leaders from the international architectural and design industry. Winners will receive a glass display award and recognition in all media relations efforts as-sociated with the competition.
Saflex® and Vanceva® brand PVB interlayers are the most trusted name in PVB interlayer technology for lami-nated glazing, delivering outstanding performance and durability, backed by reliable and knowledgeable ser-vice. As a result, they are found in nearly 40 percent of laminated architectural and automotive glass world-wide.
# # #
Notes to Editor:
Vanceva®, Saflex® and World of Color Awards ™ and all other trademarks listed below are trademarks of Eastman and/or its affiliates. Eastman is a global specialty chemical company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a com-mitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in approximately 100 countries and had 2014 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs ap-proximately 15,000 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
Media Contact: Janet Ryan, +1 314-822-8860 | +1 314-614-7408 | email@example.com
TitleOpen call for submissions: Vanceva® World of Color Awards™
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Registration Deadline01/06/2018 05:59
Submission Deadline16/04/2018 05:59