Russian architectural site Archplatforma.ru and Tchoban Foundation Museum for Architectural Drawing (Berlin) invite architects and artists of architecture to take part in ArchiGraphicArts 5 International Contest of Architectural Hand Drawings.
Deadline for Entries: March, 1, 2018
The internet-platform of the competition: http://competitions.archplatforma.ru/
Hand Drawings created without using any computer technology are accepted!
Participation in competition is free.
Competition is held on 4 nominations:
- Drawing from Nature
- Architectural Fantasy
- Drawing to the Project
- Moscow: Sense of the City. Special Nomination by Moscow Chief Architect Sergey Kuznetsov
Participants can present 1 Entry in each nomination. Each Entry can be presented by 1 sheet or as a series of (up to 5) sheets united by the same theme and graphic technique.
• The Competition is held in the Internet Format: the participants have to upload Entries in electronic form to the contest website.
• All Entries approved by moderators will be published on the сontest online-gallery.
• After the end of the moderation, the Jury evaluates the works of the contest by online materials and gives recommendations for a thematic exhibition.
• On the basis of the Competition’s Entries, a thematic Exposition is planned within the framework of the XXIII International Exhibition of Architecture and Design ARCH Moscow 2018 (May,16-20, Central House of Artists, Moscow).
The presupposed theme of the Exhibition is the Drawing-Manifest or Drawing-Research. It could include works (originals, as well as high quality reproductions) from all nominations of the Сontest, illustrating the conceptual research / statement on the theme of architecture. For example: Drawing from Nature as a study of the features of certain objects in the context of their own architectural and town planning studies/projects; Аrchitectural Fantasy as a presentation of methods of work, approaches, a critical comprehension of reality or a vision of the future; Drawing to the Project-the quintessence of the author's personality in architecture; projects, containing the solution of some important, actual problem or task.
• At the final Awarding Ceremony, winners will be announced in all categories based on the Jury's remote vote.
During the competition an online vote will also be held. This will allow visitors to the competition website to support entries which take their fancy, but will have no effect on the results of the voting by the competition Jury.
• According to the results of the remote online work of the Jury, winners in each nomination will be determined.
• Winners of the Contest receive Diplomas, valuable prizes and gifts from the Organizers and Partners of the Contest.
• One of the participants in the Architectural Fantasy Nomination will receive a Special prize from the Sergei Tchoban Foundation – the Museum of Architectural Drawing in Berlin.
• The winner of the Special Nomination «Moscow: Sense of the City» will receive a Special prize from the Сhief Architect of Moscow Sergey Kuznetsov.
• The winner of the website visitors online voting receives an incentive prize and a diploma from the organizers of the competition.
Submission of entries: until March, 1 , 2018 (inclusive)
The end of moderation (reviewing and publication of entries): until March, 10, 2018
Exhibition in the framework of ARCHMoscow: May 16-20, 2018, Moscow, Central House of Artists.
Announcement of Winners and Awarding Ceremony: the date will be reported additionally
Jury (in the process of formation)
SERGEI TCHOBAN – Chairman of the Jury – architect, founder of the Tchoban Foundation Museum for Architectural Drawing, chief of the architectural bureau SPEECH (Russia) and nps tchoban voss (Germany)
SERGEY KUZNETSOV – the Chief Architect of Moscow (Russia)
THOMAS WELLS SCHALLER – architect, artist. President Emeritus of the American Society of Architectural Illustrators (ASAI) (USA).
MAXIM ATAYANTS – architect, professor of the Academy of Arts (St. Peterburg), chief of the «Maxim Atayants’ architectural studio» (Russia)
SERGEY ESTRIN – architect, artist, chief of the «Sergey Estrin’s architectural studio» (Russia)
MIKHAIL FILIPPOV – architect, artist, chief of the «Mikhail Filippov’s architectural studio» (Russia)
RUBEN ARAKELYAN – architect, WALL architectural office cofounder (Russia)
ANDREY CHERNIKHOV – architect, Andrey Chernikhov Architecture & Design Studio founder (Russia)
Forms of Submission
All who wish to take part in Competition have to be registered (to create account) on the competition site competitions.archplatforma.ru
Procedure of registration is simple. For creation of an account it is necessary to open menu (сlick red square on the main page under logo Archplaltforma.ru), click: Log in, enter login and your contact e-mail. Two e-mails will come to the specified e-mail address:
1. E-mail with the link for account activation. 2. E-mail with your registration data.
After completion of registration all options will be available. Then you have to place necessary information about you and load 1 work in chosen nominations.
Works are accepted in the digitized form, in jpg format, not less than 2000 pixels in size on width.
The explanatory note (up to 1000 printed characters) has to be attached. It is NECESSARY to specify the original name of work, techniques of execution, original sizes of the work in explanatory note and short description of the concept, location of the objects, etc.
The work allowed to participation appears in online gallery where the name of participant also is displayed.
Detailed information about Terms and Conditions of Competition you can find on the page of each nomination (сlick Terms/English version).
Drawing from Nature
Drawing to the Project
Moscow: Sense of the City. Special Nomination by Moscow Chief Architect Sergey Kuznetsov
Contact and technical support:
Organizers: Archplatforma.ru (360.ru Group of webs)
Program Partners: Tchoban Foundation Museum for Architectural Drawing (Berlin), Chief Architect of Moscow Sergey Kuznetsov, Union of Architects of Russia, Union of Moscow Architects.
Partner of the Drawing to Project Nomination: LAUFEN (Roca Group)
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleArchiGraphicArts 5 Competition for Hand Drawings: Call for Submissions
TypeCall for Submissions
Registration Deadline01/03/2018 23:30
Submission Deadline01/03/2018 23:30