The CA’ASI association is organising an architectural competition highlighting the dynamics of the young Latin-American architecture. The best projects of this international competition open to young Latin-American architects will be exhibited in 2018 at the CA’ASI during the International Architecture Exhibition. This competition is a unique opportunity to underline the important role played by these countries today, reflected by the renewal of their architecture.
As a result of the practice international activities in many foreign countries, in particular in Arab and African countries and in China, Architecture-Studio founded the CA’ASI Association in order to promote dialogue between architecture, contemporary art and the Biennale worldwide visitors. During the 16th International Architecture Exhibition, the CA’ASI will open the doors of Palazzo Santa Maria Nova to emerging Latin-American architects.
The competition is launched in November 2017. All documents must be submitted by the end of February 2018 at the latest. An international jury will meet in Paris at the end of March, in order to select the winners and the projects that will be displayed. The award ceremony will be held at the CA’ASI during the opening. The winners will be invited to present their project during a selective exhibition at the CA’ASI in Venice, at the occasion of the 16th International Architecture Exhibition.
- Have a maximum experience of 15 years as an architect and be a Citizen of a Latin-American country.
- A diploma in Architecture, Engineering, or a Fine Arts school diploma is compulsory.
- Present a project located in one of the following countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chili, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Salvador, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- Applicants may participate to the competition as individuals, as a group, or in collaboration with a practice (proven that you are contractually committed to the practice’s project).
- Applicants may only submit one project.
- The age limit is set at 40 years old.
The applicants must prepare a folder written in French or in Spanish. It must include: a duly completed and signed registration sheet, a CV, a cover letter 2 pages maximum, a project presentation of 10 pages maximum (one hard copy on A4 format and a soft copy in PDF format on a CD). All images will be in TIFF or JPG format, with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI. The jury’s decision will be based on the images that will be projected to them, in addition to the hard copy.
These items must be sent to:
Architecture-Studio – Concours Y.A.L.A.
10, rue Lacuée
75012 Paris, France
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleCall for Entries: Young Architects in Latin America
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Registration Deadline09/03/2018 23:30
Submission Deadline09/03/2018 23:30
Country RestrictionsArgentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay