Zoom image | View original size
The building where this project was developed is located in the Historical Center area of the city of Veracruz, in the Eastern State of Mexico. The area is completely covered by the temple’s nave that formed part of the Santo Domingo Monastery, constructed in the XVII Century. This Monastery was one of the rst that were established in Veracruz, with the arrival of the Dominican Order, and begun its construction in 1624, concluding in 1651. When President Benito Juárez launched the Reforma Laws, the complex became privately owned, and it was in 1857 when the warehouse “Casa Zaldo Hermanos” was founded. This local was in operation for more than 40 years. During the rst decade of the Twentieth Century, a building was erected where the main facade and atrium were located, leaving only the side facade untouched, where a half orange dome may be seen. View more View full description
Share Share