Aarhus Architecture Festival invites to the Aarhus 2017 European Capital of Culture conference ARCHITECTURE AS CHARACTER that rethinks architecture and the role of the architect as a cultural character. How does architecture express cultural and societal values? How does architecture create cultural identity locally, regionally, nationally and globally? The conference presents a series of interdisciplinary and international meetings, lectures and talks in Aarhus in-between practitioners, curators, artists, researchers and decision-makers.
- Elizabeth Diller (Diller Scofidio + Renfro)
- Sarah Herda (Graham Foundation / Chicago Architecture Biennal)
- Stig L. Andersson (SLA)
- Anthony Vidler (Yale University)
- Barozzi Veiga (EU’s Mies van der Rohe Award 2015)
- Søren Leth (SLETH)
- Jette Lehmann (Production designer, Melancholia)
- Andreas Ruby (Swiss Architecture Museum)
- Christophe Grafe (Flanderns Architecture Institute)
- Kristine Jensen (AKJT)
- André Tavares (Lisbon Architecture Triennale)
- Todd Saunders (Saunders Architecture)
- Julian Schubert (Something Fantastic)
DAY 1 / April 27th
08.30 - 18.15 Conference at Turbinehallen
19.00 - 24.00 Dinner and party at Institute for (X)
DAY 2 / April 28th
08.30 - 16.30 Conference at Aarhus School of Architecture
Ticket: 2800 DKK
Early Bird tickets: 2200 DKK // Available until 1st of March
Student discount: 1200 DKK
Price includes lunch, coffee and dinner on the 27th of April.
The Conference is made possible with support from Aarhus 2017, Aarhus Arkitektskole, SLU Alnarp, Statens Kunstfond and Future Architecture Platform.
Download the information related to this event here.
TitleConference: ARCHITECTURE AS CHARACTER
FromApril 27, 2017 08:30 AM
UntilApril 28, 2017 04:30 PM