Ragdale, the nationally acclaimed artists’ residency in Lake Forest, Illinois invites architects, designers and artists to apply for the opportunity to design, build, and exhibit the 2017 Ragdale Ring, a temporary outdoor theatre to house summer concerts, performances, and events. Ragdale seeks proposals for a full-scale project and installation that consider contemporary, fanciful and functional interpretations of the original Ragdale Ring, designed by architect Howard Van Doren Shaw in 1912 as a garden theatre.
- March 3 Deadline for submissions
- March 4-19 Jury process
- March 20 Notification of winning team
- March/May Off-site Production
- May 22-June 9 Design/Build residency
- June 8 Ragdale Ring complete
- Location: Ragdale, 1260 N. Green Bay Road, Lake Forest, Illinois 60045
- Production grant: The recipient will receive a $15,000 production grant to fund the project.
- Residency: Includes a large studio, room and board for up to 10 individuals for 18 days.
- Information: See complete RFP for project guidelines, eligibility, application instructions and visuals at http://www.ragdale.org
- Questions? Call 847.234.1063 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ragdale Foundation
Ragdale is a non-profit artists’ residency located on Arts and Crafts architect Howard Van Doren Shaw’s country estate in Lake Forest, 30 miles north of Chicago. Today, Ragdale hosts up to 150 artists, writers and composers at all stages of their career for 18-25 day residencies each year, making it the one of the largest interdisciplinary artist communities in the country.
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleRagdale Ring Project: Contemporary Redesign of Historic Performance Space
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Submission Deadline03/03/2017 15:38
VenueThe Ragdale Foundation
Correction notice: This competition listing was originally posted stating that entry to the competition was free. It is in fact $40.