IQ PUBLIC ART - contest of street art works initiated by IQ Business Center (www.iqbc.ua), whose goal is the selection of the best creative ideas for the landscape of the business center.
IQ PUBLIC ART provides a selection and several stages of discussion to determine the best project to be further implemented. IQ PUBLIC ART does not include determining the subject of future works and artistic techniques in order to enable participants’ unbiased artistic expressions. Future work should be connected to the urban and architectural context so it interacts with the main ideas positioned by IQ Business Center.
Located in the city center, in Pechersk (Kyiv, St. Bolsunovska, 13-15) near the river Dnipro, IQ Business Center is a unique example of modern urban functional architecture. Meeting the requirements of technological, environmental and sustainable development principles, IQ Business Center is the first intelligent Business Center Class A + in Ukraine. For example, the business center boasts energy efficient glazing facades, air conditioning systems with anti-allergenic protection, intelligent lifts, etc. The roundness of the building allows you to create comfortable spaces with unlimited access to daylight. All the materials used in the construction are non-toxic and harmless to the environment making IQ Business Center a "smart" infrastructure, which provides the city with quality services in response to the needs of a modern city.
The future facility will be located near the central entrance of IQ Business Center on a low green hill. Actually, it will be located between the building and the street.
I. September 1st 2016 : Applications and competitive projects opening
II. December 10th 2016: Last day of registration
III. December 15th 2016: Deadline of project submission
IV. December 15th 2016 – December 30th 2016: Expert assessment of competitive projects - short-listing of participants
V. December 30th 2016 – January 25th 2017: Public discussion of competitive projects - exhibition of sketches of competitive projects of the short-list.
VI.October 1st 2016 – January 31st 2017 voting for the best project in social networks: "SMM Prize"
VII. January 25th 2017 – January 31st 2017: Jury session
VIII. February 1st 2017: The winners according to the results of online voting and jury verdicts
IX. February 1st 2017 – March 1st 2017: Finalization of the project
X. March 1st 2017 – June 1st 2017: Project Implementation
XI. June 2nd 2017: Presentation of Art-Object
Depending on the quantity and quality of competitive projects handed in, minor changes in each stage may occur.
Place, Date and Procedure:
The Contest is open to all comers, preferably with experience in the design and creation of small architectural forms and objects of monumental art in urban environment.
• In order to participate you must register by December 10th, 2016, send an e-mail with a copy of your ID to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject: "Registration."
• In response, you will be sent a 6-digit registration code and contest outlines.
• Submission of projects by December 15th, 2016 not later than 12:00 midday.
The composition of the project:
1) Brief biography of author.
2) A description of the future project, which should include: 1) The idea, 2) The relevance, 3) technology, 4) Innovation, 5) Interactivity
3) Visualization Project (sketch or photo in .jpg format - Appendix 1)
4) Location of the project on the master plan scheme (Appendix 2)
To provide an objective verdict of the best project IQ PUBLIC ART, the jury invited are experts in the field of public space and monumental art and representatives of IQ Business Center:
1. Anna Bondar - deputy Chief Architect, Department of Urban Planning and Architecture, Kiev / Ukraine
2. Andrew Pashenko - architect, author of IQ Business Center project, Head of Creative architectural workshop "A. Pashenko" Kyiv, Ukraine.
3. Igor Nikonov, Honorary President "KAN Development" LLC, Kyiv, Ukraine
4. Nikolay Tishchenko - restorator, TV host, owner of the chain of restaurants "NASHA KARTA" resident of IQ Business Center, Kyiv, Ukraine.
5. Marina Sokolova - Project Manager, IQ Business Center, Kyiv, Ukraine.
6. Clemens Poole - artist, art curator, New York, USA
7. Taras Kaidan - urbanist, editor of "Hmarochos", Kyiv, Ukraine.
8. Lyudmila Lysenko – city expert, professor of the National Academy of Art and Architecture.
IQ PUBLIC ART offers two prize awards:
“First Prize winner" gets a cash prize of USD 3,000 and the implementation of the project near the IQ Business Center.
Incentive prize - "SMM prize" - is the amount of USD 1,000 for the project, which will be selected by online voting results coming in from social networks.
Commitments (future use of awarded projects):
The project, which receives the “First prize winner" will be implemented in the territory near IQ Business Center. The project, which receives the incentive award "SMM prize" MAY be considered for future implementation but we do not accept any obligations to implement the said prized project.
By submitting their projects, contestants agree to the fact that if the jury, after discussing the awarding of prizes, does not recognize any such project which can be recommended for further implementation, the customer shall be released from obligations to the winner for further development of design and estimate documentation.
By submitting bidding documents, the participant bears the risk of transmitting the secret registration code.
Ukrainian \ Russian \ English.
Marketing | IQ business center
+38 097 437 94 03
TitleOpen call: IQ PUBLIC ART
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
OrganizersIQ business center
Registration Deadline10/12/2016 16:11
Submission Deadline15/12/2016 16:10
VenueIQ business center