The workshop is organized by SADAS-PEA (Greek Architects Association) in order to promote the principle of environmentally friendly architecture. It is addressed to young architects and students of architecture. It will take place at the Stamos Stournas guesthouse near the city of Volos, Greece between September 17th and September 25th 2016.
The language of the workshop is English.
More information: http://www.sadas-pea.gr/international-workshop-2016/
The main objectives of the workshop are:
- Rediscovery of environmentally friendly construction techniques that were implemented by many generations of artisans in the past
- Understanding of the sustainable building principles of traditional constructions, and the way those principles determined buildings’ form and function.
The objectives of the workshop will be implemented through:
- Guided field trips to prehistoric settlements and traditional settlements of the Pelion peninsula and to a modern structure built with natural materials.
- Lectures from distinguished professionals
- Field practice in building stone foundations and unbaked clay brick walls
Workshops and participants stay will be accommodated at the Stamos Stournas guesthouse in Alli Meria, outside the city of Volos, Greece.
The Stamos Stournas guesthouse, also known as Chatziargyri mansion, is a historic building built in 1864 and situated in an 8-acre land plot. It is owned by SADAS-PEA since 1963 following a donation by the family of Stamos Stournas, student of architecture.
The guesthouse has three floors, two of which (ground floor and first floor) will accommodate the participants. The ground floor has 5 rooms for 3 people each and the first floor has 2 rooms for 4 people and 2 rooms for 3 people. Each of these floors has shared bathrooms and showers. The maximum number of people that could be accommodated is 29.
The city of Volos can be approached by train or coach bus departing from Athens or Thessaloniki, the two main Greek cities that have airport.
The Pelion peninsula, the area where the workshop will take place, is one of the most beautiful regions in Greece, combining stunning nature, picturesque traditional villages, unique historic places and famously attractive beaches.
Fees - Diplomas
The fee for the workshop is 550€, which includes:
- Diploma from SADAS-PEA certifying the participation at the Workshop
- Accommodation at the guest house
- Linen and towels
- Self-served breakfast, lunch and dinner (some meals will be served outside the guesthouse while in field trips or nights out)
- Transportation for the field trips
- Transportation from the city of Volos (train station or coach station) to the guest house on arrival and back on departure
Fees will be paid as soon as a participant sends the application and their participation will be confirmed as soon payment is received.
Full refund will be given up to 20 days before the workshop begins.
SADAS-PEA (Greek Architects Association)
Telephone: +30 2103215146
Fax: +30 2103215147
Postal Code: 10555
TitleNatural Building Techniques inspired from Traditional Constructions
FromSeptember 17, 2016 07:00 PM
UntilSeptember 25, 2016 12:00 PM
VenueStamos Stournas Guesthouse
Download the information related to this event here.