Strelka KB announces the launch of an Open International Competition for Tverskaya Streetscape Concept Design. The design project covers Tverskaya Street (from Pushkinskaya Square to Triumfalnaya Square) and 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Street in Moscow. The competition is aimed to attract young and emerging architects for the projects on the renovation of urban territories as a part of “My Street” programme. The winner will be announced on the 7th of July 2016.
Giovanna Carnevali, competitions programme director at Strelka KB: “One of the key goals of the competition is to engage the new generation of architects into work on urban projects. As a result of our practice during the current and the previous year on the position of a strategic consultant for the Government of Moscow, we managed to develop the standards for the streetscape improvement and invite leading international architects to carry out projects for iconic streets of the city, henceforth setting the quality standard that we would like to establish as a benchmark for the streetscape improvement in Moscow”.
- Adrian Geuze, architect, founder of West 8 architecture firm
- Tatiana Guk, deputy chairman of the Committee for Architecture and Urban Planning of Moscow; Varvara Melnikova, CEO of Strelka Institute for Media, Architecture and Design, partner at KB Strelka, CEO of Afisha
- Alexey Novikov, professor, Dean of Vysokovsky Graduate School of Urbanism at the National Research University Higher School of Economics
- Grigory Revzin, architectural critic, partner at KB Strelka
- Philip Wren, architect, retail design specialist, managing director at Wren Architecture
- Sergei Tchoban, architect, managing partner at SPEECH architectural bureau
- Martha Schwartz, architect, principal of Martha Schwartz Partners
- Nikolay Shumakov, president of the Union of Moscow Architects
The jury chairman is Petr Biryukov, deputy mayor of Moscow at the Government of Moscow for Housing, Utilities and Amenities. The competition is organised under the initiative of KB Strelka. The key projects carried out by the company are competition for Zaryadye Park, National Centre for Contemporary Art, Museum and Educational Centre of the Polytechnic Museum and Moscow State Lomonosov University, new Moscow metro stations Solntsevo and Novoperedelkino, Terekhovo and Nizhniye Mnevniki, “Smart School” project in Irkutsk and other.
The first section of Tverskaya Street — from Mokhovaya Street to Pushkinskaya Square with the adjacent Nikitsky, Gazetny and Voznesensky Lanes — is going to be developed this year according to the project by the renowned Dutch architecture firm West 8. The winner will receive the Honorarium of 826 000 Russian rubles. The two Awardees will be granted each with the Honorarium of 354 000 Russian rubles.
TitleOpen Call: Tverskaya Streetscape Concept Design
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Registration DeadlineJune 02, 2016 02:51 PM
Submission DeadlineJune 27, 2016 11:34 AM