The Lisbon Architecture Triennale is delighted to announce the opening call for Lisbon Triennale Millennium bcp Début Award, framed in the context of its 4th edition – The Form of Form. Targeted at international emerging architects, the Début Award boosts the recognition of young professionals or recently established practices. This distinction awards outstanding work, critical ideas, and encourages their career with a monetary prize.
Until 31 May, any architect or office with an average age under 35 is eligible. A prize of 5 000 € will be awarded to the winner. Also, a shortlist of 10 architects or practices will receive honorary mentions.
In addition to applications, a list of candidates will be nominated by a panel of nominators. Every candidate, either nominated or applying, will have to submit the same materials for evaluation.
The winner will be selected by the Début Award jury:
- Tim Abrahams (UK), architecture critic and editor of Machine Books
- Fernanda Bárbara (BR), architect
- Margarita Jover (FR), architect and researcher
- Tetsuo Kondo (JP), architect
- Luís Santiago Baptista (PT), architect and architecture critic
- André Tavares (PT), architecture critic and curator
- Mimi Zeiger (US), architecture critic, editor, curator and co-president of LA Forum for Architecture and Urban Design
The winner will be announced during the opening week (5-9 October, 2016), and will be invited to give a lecture during the Lisbon Architecture Triennale’s finissage.
Launched in 2013 for the event’s 3rd edition, the first Début Award had a noteworthy participation of more than 180 applications from all over the world. The first award was attributed to Bureau Spectacular of Jimenez Lai from Chicago.
TitleOpen Call: Début Award for Young Architects
TypeGrants, Scholarships & Awards
Registration Deadline15/06/2016 23:30
Submission Deadline15/06/2016 23:30