Re-thinking The Future (RTF) was born from the idea of creating a new window on international trends in architecture and design that looks on to radical solutions for the present day problems facing the domain. RTF is a hub of services for architecture and design. This year, RTF is presenting ‘International Design Student Awards 2016’ to give voice to design and architecture students from all over the world and discovering a new talent.
Entries are invited from students from all around the world. IDSA 2016 will provide an interactive platform of the highest standard, acknowledging the projects amongst creative and influential industry professionals.
- Mar 21, 2016 Registration Begins.
- Apr 20, 2016 Last date of recieving queries
- Apr 30, 2016 Last date for answering all queries
- Apr 30, 2016 Registration Ends
- May 01, 2016 Submission Deadline
- May 09, 2016 Jury Meeting – Evaluation period begins.
- May 30, 2016 Winners Announcement
- Commercial: This award recognizes the architectural excellence and innovations in commercial buildings which includes retail and shopping centres.
- Cultural: Projects that serve the need of cultural spaces such as Museum, Gallery, Hall or Theatre, Pavilions and Religious & Memorials with innovations.
- Hospitality: Architectural Excellence and Innovations projects like Hotels & Resorts, Restaurants, Bars & Nightclubs and Wellness Centres.
- Housing: Best housing project with innovations and efficiency in design cateriing to present and future habitat will be awarded.
- Residence: This award recognizes the best residential projects that provide a comfortable and attractive living environment for a private house.
- Institutional Building: This award recognizes the architectural excellence and innovations in the Institutional Buildings such as Schools, and Hospitals.
- Mixed Use: Featuring a combination of one or more categories, such as hospitality and commercial or residential and commercial or a mixture of all the three categories.
- Office Building: This award has been instituted to recognize architectural excellence for office designs that seek the new architectural language to fulfill the functional requirements.
- Pop-Ups & temporary: This award recognizes the year’s best architectural temporary structure or pop-ups that come in events like exhibition and installations etc.
- Sports & Recreation: Stadium or Arena and Recreation Centers with innovation in design that gives the new directions and provide the new generation a food for thought.
- Transportation: Transport terminals such as Railways, Airports, Bus Stations, Boat Piers, Port facilities etc. that take transport architecture to a new level and define some new directions.
- Landscape Design: Featuring innovations in providing the comfortable living outdoor environment that characterizes the new models for site planning.
- Urban Design: A proposal responding to emerging challenges in areas such as ecology, information technology, socialization and globalization.
- Residential Interior: Interior design project featuring innovations in providing the comfortable living environment for inhabitants that characterizes the new models for living.
- Commercial Interior: This award recognizes the perfection and excellence in commercial interior spaces like retail, hotels, foodcourts etc with innovations as of already known to us.
- Corporate Interior: This award has been instituted to recognize the best projects in corporate interior spaces. Designs that look for the new building dialect to fulfil the utilitarian necessities.
- Product Design
- Households: Cleaning devices, Fans, Household appliances, Ironing systems, Sewing machines, Textiles, Tumble dryers, Vacuum cleaners, Washing machines, Waste systems, etc.
- Fashion, Lifestyle and Accessories: This award recognizes the perfection and excellence in product design for the fashion, lifestyle and accessories which define the new trends.
- Interior Design Elements: This award has been instituted to recognize the best projects in interior design elements which contribute to the comfortable living.
- Antonello Stella, Professor of Architectural Design, (Partner), University of Ferrara, (n!studio), Italy
- Carmelo Zappulla, Director, External Reference Architects, Barcelona, Spain
- Fabiano Micocci, Co-founder, NEAR architecture, Greece
- Jack Ossa, Associate, Gensler, North Caroliina, USA
- Jonas Sangberg, Director, POLYFORM Architects, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Luis Etchegorry, Director, Founder, NE-AR, Germany
- Maria Hurtado de Mendoza, Associate Professor, New Jersey Institute of Technology, New York, USA
- Nacho Toribio, Director, External Reference Architects, Barcelona, Spain
- Randa Tukan, Director of Hospitality, Management Board Member, HOK, Toronto, Canada
- Simon Jackson, Director, Aedas, London, UK
- Trevor Lee, Director, Superafutures, Philadelphia, USA
- Vicki Scuri, Director, VS Siteworks, Washington, USA
- Vinod Gupta, Director, Space Design Consultants, New Delhi, India
- Yatin Pandya, Director, FOOTPRINTS E.A.R.T.H., Ahmedabad, India
TitleInternational Student Awards 2016
TypeGrants, Scholarships & Awards
Registration Deadline30/04/2016 01:35
Submission Deadline01/05/2016 01:35