COMPETITION BRIEF: All interested artists are invited to submit their concept ideas for the Genius Loci Weimar Festival between the opening date of 27 January 2016 up to the deadline of 23 March 2016. Submitted concepts will be displayed ina public exhibition in Weimar in spring 2016. The best projects will chosen, among other means, with the help of an audience vote. The three winning projects will then be completed with the help of prize money totalling €45,000 before being shown in the context of an evening tour of Weimar, itself part of a wider festival to take place from 12 to 14 August 2016.
The competition facades 2016:
This year we leave the urban facades aside and illuminate the Ilmpark:
• Ruin of the Tempelherrenhaus
• Sternbrücke bridge
• Hydro shield projection at the Stern
Contestants are invited to submit their artistic concepts by 23:59h (CET) on 23 March 2016, including:
• a thirty-second audiovisual video clip (HD)
• an explanatory text (max. 300 words)
• a letter of motivation from the participant or group, including a self-description and appropriate references. As part of the application process, this text will be professionally edited to produce a definitive self-description (max. 300 words)
• details of the support team and designated representatives
The three best submissions will be awarded the commission:
• Commissions will comprise the creation of a 10-15 minute long high-resolution audio-visual production to be presented in the form of video mapping on the respective locations during the festivalweekend (12 to 14 August 2016).
• A budget of 15,000 euros will be made available for the completion of each prize-winning submission
• Productions will be of the highest technical and artistic quality
Key requirements for the Genius Loci Weimar competition:
• An innovative composition in the form of an audio-visual video mapping, with particular observance paid to the Genius Loci.
• An individual, original and sophisticated handling of the spirit of the location with respect to history and architecture, as well as to the people who were active there and who have influenced the surroundings, and to historical events that have left visible or invisible traces.
• The conscious omission of erratic gimmickry and showmanship, intrusive clichés and careless historical retelling.
For more informations go to: https://www.genius-loci-weimar.de/en/competition/
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleGenius Loci Weimar Video Mapping and Facade Projection Competition
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Submission Deadline23/03/2016 22:59