The Council of the City of Ryde, a suburb of Sydney, Australia, invites submissions for an iconic gateway concept – a bold vision of insightful and creative design to guide future development of its civic site.
WHO IS INVITED?
• Professionally registered architects
• Students or Graduates of an accredited architecture degree
AIM OF THE COMPETITION
• Achieve the highest standards in sustainable design
• Promote innovative concept design
• Elicit a diversity of architectural solutions
• Encourage new and unexpected solutions
• Release the potential of the site to sustain an iconic solution
• Engage the community to liberate the site’s potential.
The Competition is in two stages.
Stage 1 open competition:
• Submissions 11 January to 30 March 2016
• Jury identifies 3 or 4 shortlisted entries by 13 May 2016
Stage 2 invited competition for shortlisted entries:
• Submissions 14 May to 27 June 2016
• Jury identifies Competition Winner by 8 August 2016
Each shortlisted entry receives $AU50,000 in recognition of extra work required in Stage 2.
Winner receives $AU150,000.
WHO IS ON THE JURY?
• Peter Poulet - Government Architect, New South Wales
• Shaun Carter - Founding architect of Carterwilliamson Architects and NSW, Chapter President, Australian Institute of Architects
• Maria Atkinson, AM - Founding Director of Maria Atkinson Consultancy, internationally recognised sustainability strategist.
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleCall for Submissions: Design Our Ryde - International Design Competition
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Registration Deadline04/03/2016 00:00
Submission Deadline30/03/2016 00:00