Zoom image | View original size
Located in close proximity to the heart of Lincoln Square in Chicago, the new 85,000 SF Lycée Française de Chicago has been conceived as a unique educational campus with light-filled spaces intended to encourage educational discovery and shared environments aimed to celebrate the Lycée’s international community. Sprawling over 3.8 acres, the Lycée campus has been designed to be implemented in phases over the next few years. The first phase of the campus development accommodates core school functions such as academic spaces, administration areas, and a gymnasium. Future phases will incorporate an auditorium, an expanded library, and an arts building. This approach has allowed for financial resources to be incrementally utilized, adding progressive value to the project into the future. The project's key concept revolves around the creation of a shared learning environment in which to celebrate the vibrant Lycée community. Intended to engage faculty and students across all academic grade levels, this Social Learning Fabric space manifests itself through a majestic four-story open atrium. The spaces held within the atrium foster informal student and faculty interaction. In addition, the space provides a shared sense of social and global responsibility, attributes which are both intrinsic to the Lycée's curriculum and community. View more View full description
Share Share