The regeneration of the Park Hill estate is a collaboration between developers Urban Splash, Sheffield City Council, Great Places Housing Group, English Heritage and the Homes and Communities Agency with architects Hawkins\Brown and Studio Egret West and landscape architects Grant Associates. The original scheme, comprising 995 flats on a 32-acre estate, dates from 1957-61 and was designed by Jack Lynn and Ivor Smith working with J. L. Womersley of Sheffield Corporation City Architectʼs Department. It officially opened 16 June 1961. The building celebrates its 50th anniversary with the unveiling of the four show apartments in one of the siteʼs four blocks. The refurbished block houses 75 residential flats and commercial units at the lower levels of the building. Built on a steeply sloping site (gradient 1 in 10) to the East of the city centre, Park Hill commands panoramic views of the city. The building profile harnesses the topography of the site keeping a constant roof level. The height of the blocks range from four to thirteen stories.
View moreView full description