Architects: Gaetan Le Penhuel Architectes
Location: Clichy-sous-Bois, France
Project Year: 2010
Photographs: Hervé Abbadie
From the architect. This new project of ‘’the house of the early childhood’’ is to reinforce the urban character of downtown Clichy Sous Bois. It should complement other equipment already built and provide a new use close to the town hall and communal cultural space. It must accompany a new social and urban vitality in the heart of this area with great potential.
The land assigned to the new construction is at a strategic location of the various streams making connections and continuities in the city. It takes advantage of the beautiful landscaped area to the south between the cultural and the Orangerie.
The land is characterized by a strong slope, that is to integrate and use it as an asset and not as a constraint. It is near family housing buildings and must accompany its heading a new visual link between the place of the November 11, 1918 and the church Saint Denis.
It is therefore:
- To design a public building whose social function is very important throughout the neighborhood and the city.
- To integrate the building accessible to the public in a steep and benefit.
- To assert the public nature of the building, while preserving the privacy of children.
- To provide a fun and contemporary building and sustainable.
- To integrate simply and naturally high environmental quality.