ApplicationsSchools, hospitals, nursing homes, offices
CharacteristicsSafely converts VOCs into carbon dioxide and water vapor which evaporate into the air, breaks down pollutants and odors, provides protection against the growth and transmission of bacteria that comes into contact with the panel, panel construction provides sound absorption for improved room acoustics, Class A flame spread (less than 25) when tested in accordance with ASTM E84
Decoustics fabric wrapped panels with AirRenew® technology improve indoor air quality by removing potentially harmful VOCs from the air.
When acetaldehyde, ammonia or formaldehyde come in contact with a Decoustics fabric wrapped panel with AirRenew®, a unique chemical reaction takes place and the potentially harmful pollutants are rendered harmless, improving indoor air quality.
AirRenew® Fabric Technology
AirRenew® fabric contains silver ions which use a catalytic process to transform VOCs and numerous odors into harmless, natural substances. When VOCs or odor molecules come into contact with Decoustics fabric panel featuring AirRenew® they are broken down and rendered harmless. An added antibacterial feature helps to prevent the spread of common germs.
Decoustics fabric wrapped panels featuring AirRenew® use specifically active fibers to prevent the spread and colonization of bacteria that may cause discoloration, odor or deterioration of the panels.
The silver ions within the fabric control the growth of bacteria. The bacteria is killed off and decomposed by the cell physiology, helping to stop the enzymatic process.
Features and Advantages
- Safely converts VOCs into carbon dioxide (CO2) and water vapor which evaporate into the air
- Breaks down pollutants and odors
- Provides protection against the growth and transmission of bacteria that comes into contact with the panel (bacteria that may damage, discolor or create odor on the panel will not be able to spread)
- Panel construction provides sound absorption for improved room acoustics
- Ideal for use in schools, hospitals, nursing homes and offices
- Class A flame spread (less than 25) when tested in accordance with ASTM E84
Wall Mounting Methods
Mount panels to walls using mechanical fastening, adhesive, magnetic fastening or hook and loop fastening.
Mechanically mount only for panels located above head height (includes slide and engage z-clips, wall clips and/or track). Use adhesive and mechanical fastening to secure “loop” to wall i.e. stapled with splayed-outward legs.
Consult with Decoustics to determine correct fastener to use for specific substrates, particularly plaster or gypsum board.
Note: It is not always possible to secure panels or mounting hardware to a substrate support such as a steel stud. Follow manufacturer’s printed instructions for installation as well as for field cutting of panels.
Ceiling Mounting Methods
Compatible with most Decoustics ceiling suspension systems.*
* Claro-T, Nuvola and HCC not included in suspension systems