ApplicationsAirports, arenas, hospitals, restaurants, universities, offices, lobbies, auditoriums, hotels
CharacteristicsCreates a monolithic appearance utilizing a tongue and groove edge, increased acoustical absorption is achieved through the use of acoustical infill, easy installation and field modifications, manufactured from wood containing up to 100% pre-consumer recycled content, available with a dark MDF core
Decoustics Solo™ is an acoustical wood plank product with a natural wood veneer finish that is available for both ceiling and wall applications.
Solo's™ acoustical absorption is achieved through Decoustics unique perforation technology. The percentage of open area on the Solo™ panel is only approximately 6%, however the unique V-grooves create a two sided funnel effect which allows absorption of sound from a variety of angles, thereby focusing the transfer of energy and absorption from a broader surface area.
Decoustics Solo™ plank consists of a medium density, no added formaldehyde, fire rated fiberboard (MDF), with a natural wood veneer laminated to the face, and an acoustically transparent black fleece lamination to the back (which prevents insulation color from reading through.) Custom designs can be achieved by curving or segmenting the planks.
Solo™ Dark Core
Decoustics Solo™ is also available with a dark medium density fire rated (MDF) core, which changes the look. When viewed at a distance the grooves seamlessly disappear making the ceiling appear as one.
- Available for ceiling or wall applications
- Solo™ planks create a monolithic appearance utilizing a tongue and groove edge
- Increased acoustical absorption is achieved through the use of acoustical infill
- Easy installation and field modifications
- Manufactured from wood containing up to 100% pre-consumer recycled content
- Class A flame spread when tested in accordance to ASTM E84 standards
- Available with a dark MDF core