The unique AlphaGuard System by Tremco is a single-component, moisture-triggered roofing and waterproofing system that can be used in new construction or to restore or replace built-up, MB, coatings and other kinds of roofing systems on a variety of decks. With its low odor, ease of application and rapid curing, this system is excellent for use in highly sensitive areas, such as hospitals and schools, and in roof areas where access is difficult. It's also an excellent choice as a flashing system, keeping water out at the most vulnerable locations on a roof.
The system is easy to maintain and repair, which is good for sustainability over a long period of time, and is designed to perform well in cold weather and against chemicals, mold, mildew and fungus.
These benefits also apply to the Tremco's AlphaGuard BIO System, which is closely related to AlphaGuard MT but has bio-based content for use in more sustainable applications.
Tremco's AlphaGuard MT system's standard top-coat color is a highly reflective white, which can lower rooftop temperatures. This can help moderate building temperatures, improve occupant comfort, and cut down on potential energy use. The AlphaGuard MT System is also available in multiple colors, creating an aesthetically pleasing finish.
Features and Benefits
- Moisture triggered to resist foaming and wash off and ensure a uniform cure
- Single component eliminates the step of blending of multi-components
- Versatile chemistry makes it suitable for use over most substrates/roof types
- Reflective top coat lowers surface temperatures and energy costs while increasing roof life
- Resistant to biological attack and degradation due to algae and other microorganisms
- Low VOC and low odor
- Chemical resistant to a wide variety of harmful chemicals
- 5 gallon (18.9 L) containers
- 2 gallon (7.57 L) containers