UseCeiling and wall paneling
ApplicationsSchools & educational buildings, cultural institutions, kindergartens & day care centers, office buildings & shops, private homes & housing, sport facilities, hotels & restaurants, health & care institutions
CharacteristicsCement-bonded wood wool panels, sound absorbing, allergy friendly and healthy indoor climate, documented sustainability, effective fire protection, natural strength, flexible design solutions , available both as single and two-layer panel
ColorsGrey 202 & Grey 208
Sizes600x600 mm, 600x1200 mm, 600x2000 mm, 600x2400 mm
CertificationCradle to Cradle® Silver certificate
Troldtekt acoustic panels are high performance cement-bonded wood wool panels made using nature's own materials – wood and cement. The combination of wood and cement creates Troldtekt's unique sound absorbing properties, ensuring good acoustics in any room. The material has a natural resilience and can handle moist environments, while also providing effective fire protection.
Troldteck panels are a natural product with documented sustainability throughout its entire life cycle. Troldtekt has qualified for Cradle to Cradle certification in the silver category, and the certification covers the entire series of Troldtekt cement-bonded wood wool products. The certification covers acoustic panels, natural and in standard painted colours.
Features and Benefits
- Acoustic properties. The combination of wood and cement gives the panels a unique surface structure which absorbs sound and reduces reverberation time in a room.
- Healthy indoor climate. Troldtekt panels are a natural, breathable material which can absorb and release moisture. The acoustic panels are allergy friendly and have achieved leading Danish and international indoor climate certifications.
- Documented sustainability. Troldtekt panels are sustainable throughout the entire product life cycle. The acoustic panels are made exclusively from nature's own materials, are produced under minimal environmental impact, and can return to nature as compost.
- Effective fire protection. The wood wool in Troldtekt panels is encased in cement and the panels therefore have low flammability.
- Natural strength. Troldtekt panels combine the strength of cement with the flexibility of wood, and have a lifetime of at least 75 years. They are a rugged, durable material, even when subject to moisture or ball impacts. The cement gives the acoustic panels their stable shape and moisture tolerance, while the wood ensures they are easy to work with and suitable for screw installation.
- Flexible design solutions. The characteristic surface structure gives Troldtekt panels their unique expression. Lighting and speakers can be combined and integrated in a complete ceiling.