UseExterior cladding panels
Characteristics3D CNC Manufacturing, lightweight structure, monocoque infused construction method, impact resistant, chemically resistant, inert and non conductive, fire certification for external cladding, cementitious or PVDF finish in any level of gloss, optional anti graffiti barrier layer
ColorsCementitious finish (GRC, Precast or exposed aggregate acid wash Precast), or a PVDF finish in any level of gloss from 5% to 80% in the full spectrum of colours
SizesCustom or standard sizing
CertificationFire Certification following stringent full scale fire tests including British Standard BS 8414-2 Fire Performance of External Cladding Systems and Australian Standard AS 5113 for External Facade Cladding. Manufactured under ISO9000 Certification Standards
GuaranteeComprehensive warranty provided for the full ShapeShell range. The substrate is guaranteed for 50 years and up to 25 years for the surface finish (including gloss retention).
ShapeShell advanced composites allow an extraordinary range of materiality that can include structural strength, light weight and the ability to add textures over a woven fibre and resin substrate. The essence of ShapeShell™’s construction is a matrix of structural fibre reinforcement in a polymer binder tailored and enhanced to address the core needs of the building industry.
ShapeShell™ is available in both standard flat panels as well as a freeform version that can be produced in the most complex of shapes. With its unique monocoque construction that eliminates the need for separate support structure, ShapeShell™ allows large spans not possible with more conventional panel cladding.
Features and Benefits
- Impact resistant. A key strength is ShapeShell™'s ability to absorb impact during an extreme event (eg. hail storm) and return to its original shape without memory or fatigue.
- No corrosion. ShapeShell™ is chemically resistant, inert and non conductive. It will not react with other materials and for this reason it provides a perfect substrate for any paint or surface preparation.
- Installation simplicity. Lightweight, stiff structures built to the highest level of accuracy allows maximum off-site manufacturing. Elements come to site in sections up to 12m in length. Light weight means easy and safe handling.
- Environmental benefits. The embodied energy of ShapeShell™ is low due to the materials being; more durable, recyclable, options for manufacture with recycled materials, lower carbon miles due to light weight structuring
- Strength, durability and span. ShapeShell™’s monocoque infused construction method creates a single unit with reinforcement as part of the base structure, not added on. This combination of light weight structure and stiffness outperforms most other materials including steel, aluminium, timber and cement when used in the same application.
- Surface finish. ShapeShell™ comes in both a cementitious finish (GRC, Precast or exposed aggregate acid wash Precast), or a PVDF finish in any level of gloss from 5% to 80% in the full spectrum of colours.
- For full details on durability, strength, span, fire retardancy, antigraffiti layers and more, please refer to ShapeShell comprehensive data sheet.