Panelite's ClearShade™ high performance exterior glazing allows architects, engineers and building owners to meet daylighting, energy efficiency, user comfort and aesthetic goals in a single product. Most critical for energy efficiency and return on investment, ClearShade™ technology optimizes both daylighting and solar heat control, while most glazing solutions favor one of these goals at the expense of the other. The combined reduction of lighting and HVAC loads results in significant energy and cost savings. The complexity, maintenance and cost of add-ons such as light-shelves and shading devices are eliminated.
1 More light, Better light: Optimized Daylighting
ClearShade™ redirects light rays to transmit up to 70% daylight and substantially diffuse glare, reducing the energy required for electrical lighting and improving user comfort.
2 Less Heat: Solar Heat Control
While most building envelope solutions favor daylighting or solar heat control at the expense of the other, ClearShadeTM addresses both, with a 75% improvement in solar heat gain control over standard IGUs, with Solar Heat Gain Coefficients as low as 0.07 at midday to reduce HVAC requirements and improve energy efficiency.
3 Transparency + Views / User Comfort
ClearShade™ can be specified to provide more or less visual transparency as required by the program or building orientation. The geometry and molecular makeup of the proprietary ClearShadeTM insert diffuse daylight to reduce glare, further improving user experience, comfort and productivity.
4 Performance Analysis / Certification
Contact a Panelite representative for design development assistance, project-specific energy analysis, including the option of custom BSDF files, or performance certifications.
- ClearShadeTM Honeycomb Inserts: Clear or TrueWhiteTM, with colors available for projects 2500SF +.
- Glass Lites: ClearShade glazing is available with a broad range of glass lite options including coatings,colors, and other treatments.
- ClearShadeTM Insulating Glass Units can be tailored to meet both performance and aesthetic goals, by choosing from our extensive options for Unit Configuration, ClearShadeTM Insert, and Glass Lite specifications. Please contact a Panelite representative for design development assistance, technical support, energy analysis or performance certifications.
- See full range of product options here
Due to its proprietary honeycomb technology Panelite ClearShade™ achieves several sustainability goals, most notably:
- Ample diffuse daylighting
- Solar Heat Control – energy savings
ClearShade™ is the subject of an ongoing study by the DOE/Lawrence Berkeley National Labs to evaluate its energy-saving and daylighting properties for long-term environmental benefits. A field study conducted by NYSERDA (NY State Energy Research and Development Authority) and Lighting Research Center found that ClearShade skylights at the Parrish Art Museum by Herzog & de Meuron saved 82% in energy usage while providing museum-quality daylighting and views of the sky.
For more on how ClearShade can help achieve LEED points, see attachments.
For more information about Panelite's Honeycomb Glazing Technology contact through our contact/quote button on top, visit Panelite's Page in Materials, or visit: www.panelite.us.