UseTranslucent linear channel glass system
ApplicationsInterior and exterior applications, industrial, commercial or residential buildings
CharacteristicsInstalls vertically or horizontally, provides soft, even light dispersion and excellent sound reduction, aluminum perimeter frame provides additional structural strength, allows the construction of curved walls, may be tempered or filmed to meet impact safety requirements, rapid and easy maintenance and replacement
SizesAvailable in long channel lengths – up to 23 ft (7 m)
CertificationPilkington Profilit has been tested to meet the following standards: AAMA 501.4, AAMA 101, AAMA 1801-97, AAMA/NWWDA 101/1, S.297, ASTM F 588-97, NFRC 100-97, ANSI Z97.1-1984, CPSC 16CFR 1201, Category II (with safety film)
More about this product
A self-supporting glazing system, Pilkington Profilit™ Profiled Glass Architectural System offers a wide range of design options.
With its significantly greater design flexibility, Pilkington Profilit™ is an excellent alternative to glass block and other translucent materials.
Pilkington Profilit™ has been used for large glass façades and interior glass walls in Europe for more than 30 years, in a wide range of building types, including architectural and residential applications.
Pilkington Profilit™ can be used in interior or exterior applications (e.g. industrial, commercial or residential buildings). The "U-shaped" channels can be installed either vertically or horizontally. The glass is available in a variety of colors and textures with varying translucency, allowing for the passage of natural light without the loss of privacy.
Pilkington Profilit™ is energy efficient, provides excellent sound reduction and is one of the most cost-efficient glass wall systems available. It can be single or dual glazed.
Features and Benefits:
- Provides soft, even light dispersion and excellent sound reduction
- Can be single or dual glazed, vertically or horizontally
- Allows the construction of curved walls
- Rapid and easy maintenance and replacement
- Available with thermal insulation and solar control coatings
- Available with safety characteristics (may be tempered or filmed to meet impact safety requirements, hurricane impact options available)
- Available in a variety of designs, textures, dimensions, translucency and colors
Pilkington Profilit Specifications
Pilkington Profilit Fact Sheet