New builds, renovations
Sustainable, easy installation, lightweight, low maintenance, durable
Complies with European standard EN 988, Euroclasse A1 and A2s1d0
Ask for more information / Quote
More about this product
VMZINC Overlapping panel is a wall-mounted cladding system made up of horizontal overlapping panels fixed to the substructure using brackets. The system is designed to be compatible with external insulation.
The panels fit easily into each other, making them quick and easy to install. The system comprises of an economical kit of panels and flashings that can be easily installed on either timber battens or metal cladding rails. Since it is fixed with screws or with a nail gun, the panels are held in place with no visible fasteners.
- Easy to install: VMZ Overlapping panel is lightweight and easy to install: the panels fit easily into each other. The panels can be cut easily on-site, without creating any dust.
- Low maintenance: Zinc does not require any particular maintenance. It remains aesthetically harmonious throughout its lifespan.
- Economic in the purchase and in the pose, VMZINC can be installed with a thermal insulation from the outside to increase performance.
- A durable natural material: VMZ Overlapping panels are manufactured using rolled copper titanium zinc that complies with European standard EN 988. It is also rot-proof and non-flammable.
- Sustainable solution that fits into its environment. Zinc is 100% recyclable. The nuances of VMZINC allow an optimized interaction with other materials.
|Thickness ||0.70 mm |
|Dimension || |
L: 3,000mm H: 200mm D: 13/20 mm
|Weight per unit ||4.56 kg / 4.67 kg |
|Density of zinc ||7.2 kg/m2 |
|Number of panels/m2 ||1,66 (i.e. 5 for 3 m2) |
|Number of splice plates per m2 ||1.67 |
|Number of screws per m2 ||10 |
- Flat, vertical supports in plastered brickwork or concrete
- Wooden or metal substructures
- New or renovated buildings
- Maximum building height is 40 m (maximum altitude 900 m)
- Ventilated cladding
Ventilation of the facade must be ensured by an air gap of 2 cm minimum, situated between the insulation and the back of the overlapping panel, or between the brickwork and the back of the overlapping panel.
A perforated panel on the base trim is used to create an entry to the air gap.
- Installation of the framework is prepared by marking out (laser or tracing line) and must correspond to the layout plan provided by the architect.
- Once the vertical tracing is done, the brackets are fixed. The center distance between rafters must not exceed 600 mm on the main building.
- Mineral wool insulation is installed directly onto the substructure.
- Rafters are then fixed on brackets.
- Start installing VMZ Overlapping panels by installing a perforated base trim to create the entry of the air gap. It is important to ensure the base trim is horizontally aligned because it determines the correct position of the first row of panels
- The panels must be handled with care on the trenching knife to avoid deformation.
- The panels are fixed onto each rafter using screws or nails.
- For transverse junctions, a trim splice plate is placed behind one end of the panel.
- The panels are installed from bottom to top and fit into each other easily with a clicking movement.
- The film must be removed quickly in a single movement after completion of installation.
A range of universal zinc accessories is available and makes working on flashings easy.