More about this product
This system comprises of an economical kit of panels and flashings that can be easily installed on either timber battens or met cladding rails. The system is fixed with screws or with a nail gun resulting in the panels being held in place with no visible fasteners. Overlapping panels are 200mm wide, installed horizontally (available in 3m lengths in both QUARTZ-ZINC and ANTHRA-ZINC).
USES AND APPLICATIONS
· For vertical facades (90°).
· In the case of buildings higher than 30 meters, please contact VMZINC.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
· Easy to install: the panels fit easily into each other. They can be cut easily on-site, without creating any dust
· A low maintenance material: any particular maintenance
· Economical: VMZINC can be installed with thermal insulation for a better performance
· Durable natural material: titanium zinc complies with European standard EN 988, rot-proof and non-flammable, integration in its environment, 100% recyclable.
|Dimension of the panel (L x H) |
Weights per unit
|3,000 x 200 mm |
13 mm / 20 mm
4.56 kg / 4.67 kg
|Density of zinc||7.2 kg/m2|
|Number of panels/m2||1,66 (i.e. 5 for 3 m2)|
|Number of splice plates per m2||1.67|
|Number of screws per m2||10|
Natural Zinc by VMZINC is the original zinc - shiny and smooth when leaving the rolling mill. When installed on the exterior of a building, Natural Zinc will weather and form a beautifully textured grey patina. The development of the patina can take several years depending on the location of the panels.
This transforation of the zinc surface allows for dynamic and striking results. for installation in which a visible weathering process is not desired, a different VMZINC option should be selected.
QUARTZ - ZINC
QUARTZ-ZINC is obtained by immersing natural zinc in a solution which modifies the crystalline structure of the surface of the metal at a thickness of approximately one micron. This treatment is a durable chemical conversion of the surface structure of the metal. This is not a finish but a genuine, long-lasting treatment of the surface.
The velvet grey tones of QUARTZ-ZINC and its structural flexibility bring out the character of a building from the outset. Its natural-looking colour blends well with other existing construction materials.
ANTHRA - ZINC
The matt black look of ANTHRA-ZINC with the visible grain structure gives the material a velvet look, which is very popular with Architects all over the world. Like QUARTZ-ZINC, it is obtained by immersing natural zinc in a solution which modifies the crystalline structure of the surface of the metal at a thickness of approximately one micron. This treatment is a durable chemical conversion of the surface structure of the metal.
Our 100% recyclable ANTHRA-ZINC is protected by an organic coating which provides even greater protection for the material.
PIGMENTO (Brown, Red, Green and Blue).
The PIGMENTO range is not a painted finish, it uses modern pigment technology and showcases the naturally grained texture of pre-weathered zinc. This makes the surface colour maintenance free like all VMZINC envelopes. The surface colour is created by adding mineral pigments to a durable protective coating, creating beautifully organic red, green, blue and brown pre-weathered zincs.
The subtlety and depth of PIGMENTO is unsurpassed by any building material available. The textured aspect of the pre-weathered zinc shows through the colour just as the grain of wood is visible through coats of varnish.
Load bearing structure
· Masonry or reinforced concrete wall,
· Main steel framing.
The substructure (not supplied) can be either galvanized steel or aluminium rail.
1. Installation of the framework is prepared by marking out (laser or tracing line) and must correspond to the layout plan provided by the architect. Once the vertical tracing is done, the brackets are fixed. The centre distance between rafters must not exceed 600 mm on the main building.
2. Mineral wool insulation is installed directly onto the substructure. Rafters are then fixed on brackets.
3. Start installing VMZ Overlapping panel by installing a perforated base trim to create the entry of the air gap. It is important to ensure the base trim is horizontally aligned because it determines the correct position of the first row of panels
4. The panels must be handled with care on the trenching knife to avoid deformation.
5. The panels are fixed onto each rafter using screws or nails.
6. For transverse junctions, a trim splice plate is placed behind one end of the panel.
7. The panels are installed from bottom to top and fit into each other easily with a clicking movement.
8. The film must be removed quickly in a single movement after completion of installation.
9. A range of universal zinc accessories is available and makes working on flashings easy.
For more information about VMZ Overlapping panels contact through our contact/quote button on top, visit VMZINC’s Page in Materials, or visit: www.vmzinc-us.com to have the complete list of VMZINC websites for each market in the world.