With the Parker sofa, Antonio Citterio and Flexform continue to reinterpret furnishings that are clearly inspired by tradition. These are objects conceptualized and designed with an exquisite contemporary sensibility that elicits an immediate sensation of “recognizability”. Objects whose shapes, materials, and beauty are part of us and summon that visual culture of which we are the keepers. They allow us to instinctively appreciate a new object for the images it recalls in our memory.
The structure of the Parker sofa is made of solid-turned and hand-finished wood. The finely woven material featured on the backrest and armrests is also entirely hand-made. It has a single seat cushion and large, generously padded loose cushions that lean against the backrest, which comes in versions clad in woven cord or in cowhide. The Parker family includes two- and three-seat sofas, an ottoman, and an element with a backrest and just one armrest that allows the creation of unique arrangements.
Material and Finishes
- Structure in solid iroko, turned and finished by hand, with steel support frame and water-repellent elastic webbing, anthracite 9005 color. Iroko wood is available in natural finish, stained grey, stained brown or lacquered white.
- Hand-woven extruded PVC with nylon core in colors: white 7007, cream 7001, bordeaux 7002, green 7006, brown 7004, anthracite 7005; or in polypropylene cord in colors: white 8007, sand 8001, bordeaux 8002, green 8006, brown 8004, anthracite 8005; or in matt polypropylene cord in colors: straw 8101, natural 8102, ice 8103, anthracite 8105; or in twisted polypropylene cord in colors: straw 8201, vanilla 8202, coffee 8204, liquorice 8205.
- Seat cushion in polyester fiber with insert in crushproof variable-density material upholstered in water-repellent fabric.
- Backrest cushions in polyester fiber with water-repellent upholstery.
- Optional cushions in polyester fiber with water-repellent upholstery. Upon request, with an upcharge.
- Feet in die-cast zama, with matt brushed or burnished finish. Rests on tips made of thermoplastic material.
- Upholstery seat / backrest cushion, in removable fabric.
- Upholstery piping upholstery detailing includes grosgrain piping that can be crafted in all the colors on the sample board.
- Cover in waterproof material; cover is upon request, with an upcharge.