Located at the edge of Seoul Forest Park, the Acro Forest Skyscraper is comprised of three black-and-white towers that offer a calm counterpoint to the chaos of the city. At the base is a retail arcade that unites all three towers and provides convenient amenities. The location is ideal for professionals working in Seoul, with easy access to two major downtown centers. Austere and graphic, the residential skyscrapers are clad in Grespania's Coverlam white porcelain tiles in a vertical grid.
On the south side, the Acro Seoul Forest apartments offer luxury residential and office spaces. Created by Ratio Design, the unique T-shape of the residential towers and their mullion-free windows provide 270° distinct panoramic views. Columns are pushed to the perimeter of each unit for maximum interior customization, ensuring an ideal balance of transparency and privacy.
Coverlam porcelain tiles have a minimal thickness, making them lightweight and ideal for the ventilated facade of the Acro Forest Skyscraper. Coverlam facade tiles are coated with Grespania's H&CTiles treatment, which helps to combat pollution from the outdoor environment and creates a self-cleaning function with a hydrophilic surface that eliminates dirt particles.
Coverlam Porcelain Tile Features
- Coverlam is structurally reinforced by means of a glass fiber mesh 0.5 mm thick adhering to the back, endowing it with optimal mechanical strength.
- Available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.
- Coverlam is considerably easier to cut and handle and notably reduces the logistical costs of packing and transport.
- Coverlam is resistant to bending, UV light, attack by chemicals, wear, fire and frost.
- Coverlam is recyclable and the manufacturing process achieves the highest degree of respect for the environment.
- Due to its reduced thickness – 3.5mm and 5.6mm – Coverlam only weighs 7.8 kg/m2 and 14 kg/m2, respectively. This makes cutting and handling far easier. As a result, Coverlam offers substantial financial savings in projects by enabling faster completion times.
- Coverlam 3.5mm and 5.6mm is produced in 100x300cm rectified pieces and is solid in various formats, created by dividing up the initial piece with an automated cutting system. The 3.5 mm-thick Coverlam models comprise a 3mm-thick porcelain base with a 0.5mm-thick glass fiber mesh attached to the reverse side. As a result, the mechanical strength of the piece is substantially improved.
|Location ||Seoul, Korea |
|Architect ||Ratio Design |
|Interior Design ||Heerim |
|Products Used ||Coverlam Basic Blanco, Coverlam Basic negro, Coverlam Oxido marfil + H&CTiles |