To maintain the look of a concrete structure and protect it from minor water leaks, look to Kryton's Hydrostop Sealer. Also known as Hydropel Sealer, this high-performance, penetrating water-based sealer is a final protective coating for concrete. It protects concrete from water and salt absorption, reduces efflorescence and staining, and keeps its surface dry.
The Hydrotop Sealer does all this once sprayed or rolled onto horizontal or vertical surfaces. Because it comes in a transparent color, it will not affect the appearance of the concrete it’s applied on in any way. That makes it ideal for protecting structures that might encounter slight water penetration but need to maintain their original look, such as sidewalks, monuments, churches, and more.
For projects that might encounter heavier water exposure, Hydrostop Sealer can be applied over Kryton’s Krystol T1 solution. That way, Krystol T1 can help prevent fast-flowing water from passing through the concrete and give the concrete coverage for both above and below grade surfaces. And at the same time, Hydrostop Sealer will offer additional waterproofing protection to above-grade surfaces and keep those surfaces safe from salt, efflorescence, and staining.
Hydrostop Sealer is used to protect:
- Bridge decks and supports
- Parking structures
- Concrete, block, or brick walls and chimneys
- Driveways, including exposed aggregate
- Sidewalks, patios, balconies, steps
- Concrete pavers and retaining walls
- Marine floats and docks
- Is cost-effective and outlasts other sealers
- Provides excellent water repellency and keeps water out of your structure
- Does not change the appearance of the surface
- Works as a chloride screen to protect against damage from de-icing salts, seawater, etc.
- Helps to protect reinforcing steel from corrosion
- Resists acid rain and other chemicals
- Helps to prevent freeze or thaw damage
- Resists mildew and moss formation, rust stains, and efflorescence
- Requires no special tools to apply
- Can be used for outdoor or indoor and enclosed applications with minimal odor
As a leader in Smart Concrete® technologies for over 45 years, Kryton has supplied unique, designer-friendly concrete waterproofing, durability, and monitoring solutions to architects and other building professionals across the world throughout 50 countries. Several of these solutions have won the World of Concrete’s Most Innovative Product Award, and some have gone on to add more to that prestige by helping architects all over achieve silver or gold LEED certifications for their building designs. To ensure this quality remains consistent, Kryton supports those who use these award-winning solutions with in-depth application instructions, CAD details, technical consultations, and industry-leading warranty programs. Kryton also works to better the building process for the construction community as a whole. As a result, the company publishes informational newsletters and articles and is a contributing member to a number of thought-leading organizations, including the American Concrete Institute, the International Concrete Repair Institute, and the American Shotcrete Association.