Since their start in 1973, Kryton has always looked for ways to make concrete do the work for construction professionals. With that mindset, they invented the first crystalline waterproofing admixture, KIM, in the 1980s. Since then, KIM has successfully turned concrete into a waterproof barrier for hundreds of projects while ensuring their sustainability and flexibility.
It offers a hassle-free installation with no extra costly steps. Builders only need to add it directly into the concrete. The dormant Krystol® technology within will then permeate throughout the concrete, making it permanently waterproof.
At the first sign of water penetration, the KIM-treated concrete will chemically react, forming crystals within to block the water from passing through. It’s a method that’s free of volatile organic compounds and capable of protecting a design from the effects of corrosion and more.
All of which allows KIM to help increase a project’s LEED points and sustainability while permanently protecting concrete from the effects of waterborne particles and corrosion. To maximize this advantage for worksite teams, Kryton backs the use of KIM up with some of the best technical support available.
- Below grade parking structures, basements, elevator pits, and foundations of high-rise towers
- Recreational facilities, such as aquatic centers, aquariums, zoos, water parks, and marinas
- Architectural water features, such as fountains and waterfalls
- Traffic tunnels, below-grade pipelines, and subway tunnels
- Water containment reservoirs, water treatment tanks, sewage facilities, and manholes
- Bridges, dams, and highway infrastructure
- Concrete homes, including basements, foundations, swimming pools, decks, bathrooms, garages, and exteriors
- Sufficiently designed rooftops and plaza decks
- Any concrete that requires the highest level of protection and durability
- Waterproofing under hydrostatic pressure
- Self-healing – self-sealing in cracked concrete
- Easy installation – add during concrete batching and save time by removing traditional membranes
- A Complete System – get a complete range of Krystol products for any project need
- Winner of the Most Innovative Product Award at World of Concrete in 2003
Application and use in Construction
Beams and Columns, Construction /Structures, Exterior/Outdoor, Floors, Foundations and Stemwalls, Walls
- Branz Appraisal
- British Board of Agrément (BBA)
- Bureau of Indian Standards (ISI Mark)
- CE Mark
- Chinese National Standards
- CPRU Certification (Brunei)
- Dubai Municipality (UA)
- Engineers India Limited (EIL)
- International Code Council – Evaluation Service (ICC-ES)
- NSF International
- Singapore Green Label
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT)