Longboard® fire safe architectural products are made from light-weight extruded aluminum and are easy to install either in the factory or for on-site construction.
1x3 Privacy Beam Profile
Privacy Beams can be installed as a Floating system, or an End-Fame System:
- Floating System
When used as a floating system, the beams are anchored to the strucutre with single posts which are installed behind the beams to provide a continuous look. The floating system is spaced with mounting brackets and spacer bars.
- End Frame System
The end frame system is a dual-sided application using double posts as intermediate supports with single posts at corners and termination points. The end frame system utilizes spacer blocks for spacing.
Privacy beams are available with thickenings in the side wall to hold mechanical fasteners and come in a wide variety of wood grain, solid colour, and specialty finish options. They are designed to accept matching Longboard end caps where needed to create a finished look.
- Longboard material comes in standard 24’ length, everything must be cut down on site
- Longboard material is extruded aluminum and is much stronger than roll form
- Standard lead time is 3-6 business days for production, plus shipping (approx. 5-10 business days)
- Custom solid colour matching is available, with a 1,000 sq. ft minimum order
- All material is manufactured in Abbotsford, BC Canada
Aluminum is amongst the most recycled and recyclable materials available. Longboard® aluminum is sourced from a company with large hydro-power capacity to renewably produce aluminum.
Weather-ability and Durability
Aluminum doesn’t corrode and Mayne’s 5-stage pre-treatment process protects Longboard® from oxidation.