UseDesign software for architects, engineers and construction professionals
Applications2D drawings and project documentation
Characteristics2D editing/design/annotation tools, intuitive user interface, mobile working on the mobile or web app
AutoCAD LT® is a computer-aided design (CAD) software from Autodesk that provides architects, engineers, and construction professionals with the ability to create precise 2D drawings and documentation. It's a cost-effective alternative to AutoCAD for drafting, drawing and documentation.
- Design, draft, and document with 2D geometry
- Access a comprehensive set of editing, design, and annotation tools
- Work faster in an intuitive user interface
There are some examples of the capabilities of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT to be found in this article: These Fantastical Architectural Illustrations Are Made Using AutoCAD. To get started if you haven't used the software before, here is a list of 50 AutoCAD Commands You Should Know.
- Web app
- Design and draft in the web browser on any computer
- View, edit, annotate and create CAD drawings in a simplified user interface
- Sign in and get to work—no software installation required
- Mobile app
- Access AutoCAD LT anytime, anywhere
- Take the software with you wherever you go—even offline
- View, edit, annotate and create CAD drawings in real-time
- Work on any mobile device, including a smartphone or tablet
What is the Difference Between AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT
- AutoCAD LT offers two-dimensional (2D) capabilities,
- AutoCAD has three-dimensional (3D) power
AutoCAD LT is essentially AutoCAD minus several functions making it the cheaper option. The most notable differences between software involve 3D solids modeling, including wireframe views, shadows, and reflections. AutoCAD LT enables you to do simple customizations but doesn’t support built-in programming capabilities (AutoLISP).
How to Decide Between AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT
- What the market wants
If customers insist on 3D design and drafting files, AutoCAD LT will not be enough.
- Budget and return on investment
Any extra cost and extra functionality should let you create more value and generate more profit.
- CAD knowledge
Some people love full AutoCAD, while others may find it challenging. Consider a trial version to test the waters. It may take a while to get to grips with full 3D AutoCAD.
How to Subscribe
The subscription includes the AutoCAD mobile app and the new AutoCAD web app, available for Windows and Mac. Your AutoCAD LT subscription gives you access to install and use the 3 previous versions on up to 3 computers or other devices. By subscribing you can access the latest software, worldwide access (at home or when traveling), and quick technical support, among other benefits.
This product page contains affiliate links. An affiliate link means ArchDaily may earn referral fees through these links, without any extra cost to you. For more information please read our terms and conditions.