Use3D modeling, animation, and rendering software
ApplicationsProduce professional-quality 3D animations, renders, and models
CharacteristicsBuilt-in renderer, apply material finishes, change textures, and use vibrant colors to make designs photorealistic, create parametric and organic objects, automate complex modeling operations, built-in weighted normal calculator that can be directly applied to 3D models
Autodesk 3ds Max offers a complete and flexible toolset to model designs with full artistic control.
- Create massive worlds in games
- Visualize high-quality architectural renderings
- Model finely detailed interiors and objects
- Bring characters and features to life with animation and VFX
The Arnold renderer built-in to 3ds Max provides a fully interactive experience that can handle complex characters and scenes.
- Render previews while you work and iterate quickly
- Save time with artist-friendly UI and intuitive controls
- Produce high quality renders, faster
3D printing, also called additive manufacturing, is a family of processes that produces objects by adding material in layers that correspond to successive cross-sections of a 3D model. Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya, Inventor, Fusion 360, and the AutoCAD portfolio are all good software packages for 3D printing. 3ds Max is only available in a Windows version but it can be run on the Mac using Boot Camp. It has modifiers that can check the validity of your 3D models to get them ready for printing in the STL Check Modifier.
3ds Max can scale a workflow with automation, freeing up more time for creativity.
- Use 3ds Max as a compute engine to scale content production
- Extend built-in workflows with accessible APIs
- Accelerate manual steps to boost productivity
How to Subscribe
3ds Max software is available with a subscription only. You can subscribe online for a monthly, yearly, or three-year plan. Get more information and subscribe to 3ds Max.
Your 3ds Max subscription gives you access to install and use the 3 previous versions on up to three computers or other devices. By subscribing you can access the latest software, worldwide access (at home or when traveling), and quick technical support, among other benefits.
This product page contains affiliate links. An affiliate link means ArchDaily may earn referral fees through these links, without any extra cost to you. For more information please read our terms and conditions.