CharacteristicsNoise reduction, hygiene, bold colors, internal air quality, low maintenance
CertificationGECA, BLUE ANGEL, GREENGUARD, GREENGUARD GOLD, EPD (Environmental Product Declaration), contributes to LEED credits and BREEAM certification
What makes a good school design today? How can architects improve the environmental factors to help students and teachers perform at their best?
- Effective noise reduction especially in common areas and corridors
- Massive use of colors and patterns to create atmosphere and “give character” to the establishment
- Good internal air quality to increase cognitive functions
- Effective cleaning procedures in order to guarantee absolute hygiene, especially in kindergartens and first-grade schools
- Enabling the use of new teaching techniques and approaches, such as, for example, getting everyone to take off their shoes
Through all these different requirements, Artigo rubber floorings offer tested and valid solutions.
The architecture behind educational facilities is changing because education itself is changing.
For a long time, academic buildings and academic programs have been focused on single, particular student needs: a dining hall to eat, a classroom to learn, a courtyard to play… Now, however, the boundaries are blurred. Students are looking at different ways of learning to get a holistic, immersive experience.
Internal Air Quality
Studies show that people who live and work in environments with good IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) have significantly higher cognitive function scores. That goes for pupils and teachers as well.
Cognitive performance is directly affected by the environment: according to German Blue Angel and US Greenguard certifications, rubber floorings emit very few pollutants to the indoor air and, thus, do not affect the health of the inhabitants.
Artigo acoustic rubber floorings represent a valid solution for entrances, corridors and other heavily-trafficked or common areas.
The acoustic floorings ensure a reduction of noise due to treading up to 21 dB.
Reference standard EN ISO 10140-1: 2016 – EN ISO 10140-3:2010 – EN ISO 717-2:2013. Certified by CSI, test report 0041/DC/ACU/18_2 date 08/06/2018. Also certified by Cofrac/CSTB for noise reduction 18 dB.
Creativity and Uniqueness
In kindergartens, the floor is more than something you just walk on. For the children, it is just another part of the environment to play with. Also, they often go around with naked feet.
Artigo rubber floorings offer the greatest creative freedom a designer could aspire to. From the possibility to cut and mix different colors and shapes to create decors and patterns in the floor, to exciting pairings between rubber and wood or textiles: so many ways to turn a school into a powerful learning tool and, at the same time, ensure a cozy and relaxed atmosphere.
Rubber floorings can easily be cleaned with professional products, as a part of any school or kindergarten cleaning measures.
The exclusive surface treatments PRO and TXL guarantee even better resistance to soiling, considerably reducing the level of detergents, water and energy required for maintenance.
- PRO: surface treatment utilizing the latest generation UV linked polymeric coating technology. The coating protects the surface and improves performance.
- TXL: Post vulcanization treatment that achieves a higher surface density whilst increasing surface resistance to dirt and scratches.