Roofing and wall cladding
Coastal locations and other corrosive environments
Corrosion resistant, durable, pre-painted, energy efficient, sustainable
Unlimited selection (Dura Tech™ PVDF paint system)
Class A fire rated when installed according to specification
15 and 20 year marine environment warranties available. Weathertight warranty available (roof application only). 30 year finish warranty offered (Dura Tech™ PVDF paint system)
Ask for more information / Quote
More about this product
16″ Span-Lok™ hp metal roofing from AEP Span is available in pre-painted aluminum. With an unlimited selection of colors to choose from, Aluminum Span-Lok™ hp metal roofing offers the performance of a standing seam panel with outstanding corrosion protection and versatile options for stunning oceanfront designs.
Aluminum has proven to offer outstanding corrosion resistance as the material naturally develops a durable oxide film on the surface when exposed to air and is nearly impervious to further corrosion. The corrosion protection attribute makes aluminum an ideal material for projects in coastal or other corrosive environments.
AEP Span’s aluminum roofing is backed by quality engineering work that provides aluminum solutions architects and designers can rely on to design and build with confidence. Not only is aluminum beautiful but it's also long-lasting, energy-efficient and sustainable. According to The Aluminum Association, "Aluminum can be recycled directly back into itself over and over again in a true closed loop." In addition, the roof assemblies are Class A Fire Rated when installed on a non-combustible deck or framing per IBC or IRC, or when installed in accordance with UL listings (UL790). Aluminum 16" Span-Lok hp provides quality and excellent protection for coastal environments.
Features and Benefits
- 16″ coverage metal roof panel.
- Minimum recommended slope 1/2″:12″
- Thickness: .032″ and .040″ aluminum. (Flat sheet also available)
- Minimum order requirements and longer lead times apply.
- Refer to AEP Span Color Charts for the full range of cool color options and paint systems.
- Custom manufactured panel lengths: 6′-0″ to 40′-0″.
- Panel is acceptable for use in vertical metal wall applications.
- Subtle striations standard on 16″ panels. (Flat pan offered by request)
- Factory-applied sealant is standard.
- Panel available with 2 pencil ribs.
- Factory notching available.
- Field mechanically seamed panel.
- Wind uplift tested in accordance with ASTM E1592. Has been tested for air infiltration per ASTM E1680, and water infiltration per ASTM E1646.
- Roof assemblies Class A Fire Rated when installed on non-combustible deck or framing per IBC or IRC, or when installed in accordance to UL listings (UL790).
- Weathertight warranty is available. Minimum slope required. Contact AEP Span representative for more information. (Roof application ONLY)
- Oil Canning: All flat metal surfaces can display waviness commonly referred to as “oil canning”. “Oil canning” is an inherent characteristic of steel products, not a defect, and therefore is not a cause for panel rejection.