CharacteristicsModular, comfortable, customizable
Getting back to nature is a pleasurable way to disconnect from routine and stress, recharge and relax. Rafa García, a keen mountain biker found inspiration for his latest piece for Sancal, Alpino, from nature. The designer has infused the modular sofa with the sense of well-being that he experiences when outdoors, creating a cozy refuge at home.
The soft peaks of the base and back cushions overlap, just like a mountain range. The backrest nestles your head in a comfortable position; ideal for binge-watching, reading or dozing off after a walk in the countryside. A serene and minimalist design, not without constructive complexity due to its unique arm shapes and the soft yet thin backrests.
Rafa offers multiple solutions to personalize the compositions:
- An arm with a flap, reminiscent of a draped blanket
- Four different types of pouf are available that can be integrated inside the composition as a seat without backrest, create corners, be used as a terminal element or simply as an independent ottoman
- A range of furniture modules can be slotted together including a chaise and angle element
- Sancal’s extensive textile collection provides another layer of personalization
- The slender oak legs can be lacquered in a wealth of colors
Designer: Rafa García
Rafa sits at the creative heart of Sancal and is also the author of some of the firm’s perennial products. His rational, timeless designs captivate not only for their shapes but also for the comfort inherent in each of them. His latest creations include Mousse, Deep, Obi and Tiptoe following on from the best-sellers Air, Eleva or Nido.