Focus fireplaces are made in France and a number of them are highly energy-efficient. Filifocus Central is a central fireplace with a glass-panel fixed-hood. Filiofocus comes in two versions: version 2000 and version 1600. This model has curved heat-resistant glass panels. Filiofocus was awarded the Gold Medal for Design at the Batimat trade exhibition in Paris, and the Silver Medal for design in Stuttgart.
- This model has four curved glass panels of which two are fixed and two slide open, serving as a fireguard
- The hearth bowl can be positioned at three different heights:
- built into the floor
- placed above the floor
- attached to a steel or constructed base
Heating by burning wood is, along with solar heating, among the least polluting for the planet. Wood is a renewable energy source because it can be replenished relatively rapidly, especially in contrast to fossil fuels. All the wood-burning models have undergone extensive testing in European testing laboratories to provide real performance indicators (nominal heat output, efficiency, level of CO, etc.) for each model.
|Nominal heat output ||6 KW |
|Efficiency ||50 % |
|CO output ||0,08 % |
|Dust ||<75 MG/M3 |
- One-quarter of the diameter of the hearth is open, and the other three-quarters are closed by three fixed glass panels.
- These models are supplied with a raised base (height: 255 mm) that houses the electronic mechanism for the burner as well as the gas supply system.
- Operated by remote control (lighting, programming, adjustment, etc.)
- Batteries allow continued operation in case of a power cut
- Combustible: natural gas or propane
- Decorative logs or ceramic pebbles
- Guaranteed efficiency with a minimum distance of 5 m between the burner and the terminal (at the extremity of the flue outlet)
Focus gas fireplaces (all CE-certified) display their nominal heat input. Closed gas fires are particularly efficient for heating and have no constraints involving loading wood, removing ash, spark protection, and so on. Equipped with a remote control, they are easily adjustable and easy to use. In case of a power outage, they continue to operate and provide heat independently of an electric power source.
| ||Natural Gas | Model 2000 ||Propane | Model 2000 ||Natural Gas | Model 1600 ||Propane | Model 1600 |
|Nominal heat input ||14 KW ||13,5 KW ||9 KW ||7,8 KW |
|Consumption ||1,316 M3/H ||0,475 M3/H ||0,89M3/H ||0,31 M3/H |
Ecology and Environment
Focus is a member of the Union of Renewable Energy (SER: Syndicat des Energies Renouvelables) and an active member of the French Flamme Verte environmental performance label: beyond certifying the performance of fires purely in terms of efficiency and heat output, this label guarantees environmental performance and the protection of air quality.