UseHeavy panel installation
CharacteristicsEasy installation, few components, removable, hidden fasteners, interchangeable clips, installation and removal tools supplied
GuaranteeTwo Year Limited Warranty
This how-to describes using Fastmount parts to mount a heavy panel -in this case LightBeton Heavy MDF with concrete facing from Plytech to a timber framework.
|Fastmount parts||MC-F10 and MC-F5 (male and female clips) from the Metal Range|
|Panel||LightBeton by Plytech 19mm panel weighing 16.5kg/ m2|
|Base structure||90 x 45 Pine framing|
- Mark clip spacings according to Fastmount heavy wall panel guide (TD-09).
- Drill 20mm holes at markings, 25mm deep.
- Using the MC-IT5 tool, screw MC-F10 female clips into frames.
- Optional: The female clips can be screw-fixed where required.
- Insert centerpoints into the installed female clips (CP-01ST).
- Place panel onto the frame, aligning panel with packers.
- Press panel to mark clip positions.
- Remove centerpoints.
- Take panel to bench and use CT-09 & CT09DG to drill out the point marks on the back of the panel.
- Using MC-IT5, install MC-M5 male clips on the panel backs.
- Optional: these can be screw-fixed if needed.
- Align male and female clips and push the panel onto the frame.
The FastmountTM panel mounting system is ideal for removable ceiling and wall panels. The clips are all interchangeable, and the hidden fixing system allows for flexing and expansion of the panel and support frame. Installation and removal tools are supplied.