For nearly 100 years Bona has innovated and perfected premium products and systems developed to maintain the natural beauty of hardwood floors. The Bona System is reliable and durable with a wide array of design options from color to texture to sheen. The Bona System is trusted on wood floors across the globe.
A durable wood floor is reliant on a solid foundation which comes down to the adhesive. Bona Silane Adhesives work with most subfloor material. They don’t require sealers, so you can work fast. They achieve fast initial green-grab strength, providing a tenacious bond that ensures a secure installation of the floor.
R848 is a one-component, moisture curing, water and solvent free, silane-based adhesive for engineered wood floors. It provides outstanding adhesion to a variety of surfaces and allows for the natural movement of wood flooring.
- No "memory" - Floor seams will not move apart
- Easy to clean - Will not harm the finish on pre-finished floors; will not stain hands
- Easy to apply
- Exceptional ridge stability provides maximum adhesive transfer
- Moisture protection up to 6lbs or 80% RH
- Zero VOC's
- Can be used with radiant heat systems
Excellent "green grab" means the flooring stays in place
|Green strength or handling strength refers to the early development of bond strength meaning that the adhesive bond can be handled a short time after application and well before the bond has fully cured. |
- Light foot traffic - 8-10 hours
- Furniture, fixtures - 12-24 hours
- Unfinished floor sanding - after 24 hours
- Shear strength at final cure: 245psi
Resistance to noise transmission:
|The IIC (Impact Insulation Class) standard measures a floors resistance to the transmission of impact noise. The higher the rating the better the sound absorbancy. The Uniform Building Code (UBC) requires a rating of 50. Using the measurement procedure ASTM E492-09.orption. |
Bona R848 has a rating of – 68dB per ASTM E492-09 IIC (6” concrete slab w/ceiling)