UseAll parquet and subfloors, exterior decks
CharacteristicsEnvironmentally friendly, easy installation, durable, fast green-grab strength, high viscosity, moisture curing, solvent-free
CertificationGreen label Singapore, GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality, Ecolabel
For nearly 100 years Bona has innovated and perfected premium products and systems developed to maintain the natural beauty of hardwood floors. The Bona System is reliable and durable with a wide array of design options from color to texture to sheen. The Bona System is trusted on wood floors across the globe.
A durable wood floor is reliant on a solid foundation which comes down to the adhesive. Bona Silane Adhesives work with most subfloor material. They don’t require sealers, so you can work fast. They achieve fast initial green-grab strength, providing a tenacious bond that ensures a secure installation of the floor.
R580T is a hard-elastic, 1 component, silane parquet adhesive. R850T has a higher viscosity than R850. It feels thicker and has an improved initial grab, which reduces the risk of hollow spots. Its hard-elastic properties make it strong and resistant against movement of wood while relieving tension on the subfloor.
It is a good alternative to face nailing close-out rows, board replacements, and trim applications.
It is applied using a battery powered application gun which allows for easier and quicker installation. A single charge will last over 3,000 linear feet.
- Easy to clean – will not harm the finish on pre-finished floors; will not stain hands
- Easy to apply – no memory means no need to tape or roll
- Exceptional ridge stability provides maximum adhesive transfer
- Zero VOC's
- Excellent initial “green grab” means the flooring stays in place
- Rapid shear strength development – flooring is ready for furniture and foot traffic in one day
|Green strength or handling strength refers to the early development of bond strength meaning that the adhesive bond can be handled a short time after application and well before the bond has fully cured.|
- Light foot traffic - 8-10 hours
- Furniture, fixtures - 12-24 hours
- Unfinished floor sanding - after 24 hours
- Shear strength at final cure: 335 psi
Resistance to noise transmission:
|The IIC (Impact Insulation Class) standard measures a floors resistance to the transmission of impact noise. The higher the rating the better the sound absorbancy. The Uniform Building Code (UBC) requires a rating of 50.|
Bona R850T has a rating of – 70dB per ASTM E492-04 IIC