UseSolid or Engineered Prefinished or Unfinished Flooring Adhesive
Format3 Gallon container
CertificationGREENGUARD Certified for Indoor Air Quality, Meets the criteria for LEED EQc 4.1, California Proposition 65 Compliant
For nearly 100 years Bona has innovated and perfected premium products and systems developed to maintain the natural beauty of hardwood floors. The Bona System is reliable and durable with a wide array of design options from color to texture to sheen. The Bona System is trusted on wood floors across the globe.
Bona R851 is a silane-based wood flooring adhesive that provides exceptional green grab strength and unsurpassed final shear strength compared for floor installation.
R851 Adhesive can be used on the following dimensions of pre-finished or unfinished flooring:
- Up to 16” in width (9” for solid)
- Up to 3/4” thick
The adhesive can cover 50-85 square feet/gallon depending on trowel notch requirements.
R851 is a Silane-based wood flooring adhesive that provides exceptional green grab strength and very high final shear strength.
- Curing – Light foot traffic - 8-10 hours
- Furniture, fixtures - 12-24 hours
- Unfinished floor sanding - after 24 hours
- Shear Strength – 335psi (at final cure; lap shear test, 1mm gap)
- Elongation – 250%
|Green strength or handling strength refers to the early development of bond strength meaning that the adhesive bond can be handled a short time after application and well before the bond has fully cured.|
Resistance to noise transmission:
The IIC (Impact Insulation Class) standard measures a floors resistance to the transmission of impact noise. The higher the rating the better the sound absorbancy. The Uniform Building Code (UBC) requires a rating of 50. Using the measurement procedure ASTM E492-09.orption. Bona R851 has a rating of 71 dB (6” concrete slab w/ceiling).
- Water, solvent, and Isocyanate free
- Excellent initial "green grab" means the flooring stays in place
- ‘Memory free’ prevents drift between board seams
- Rapid shear strength development - flooring is ready for furniture and foot traffic in one day
- Easy to clean - will not harm the finish on pre-finished floors; will not stain hands
- Easy to apply
- Exceptional ridge stability provides maximum adhesive transfer
- Moisture protection up to 18lbs or 95% RH
- Zero VOC’s
- Can be used with radiant heat systems