A clean surround sound, the possibility of connecting a second speaker and an external MP3 player, two station presets, an RDS function, simple operation due to capacitive sensor technology, sleep mode and more besides: The Gira RDS flush-mounted radio offers lots of features for enhanced living comfort.
The Gira RDS flush-mounted radio sits in the wall, like light switches and socket outlets. This avoids annoying cables and keeps work surfaces and counters free. The speaker has been completely redesigned to give the radio a pure sound – and in excellent stereo quality when the Gira additional speaker, which is available as an option, is connected.
Intuitive operation is particularly convenient, thanks to the capacitive sensor field and high-quality display for showing information and transmitter-specific data.
The speakers can be installed directly next to the radio's operating element, or at a distance of up to 20 m when connected with a 2-wire cable. The radio automatically detects connected speakers and switches between stereo and mono mode.
- Light and music at the press of a button
The radio's functionality can be expanded using the integrated 230 V auxiliary unit input. For example, if an automatic control switch or the bathroom light is connected to this, the radio is automatically switched on or off together with the light.
- Can be combined with the Gira docking station
The RDS flush-mounted radio can easily be expanded with the Gira docking station. It allows external music sources to be connected to the Gira RDS radio or a stereo system. Music is transferred wirelessly via Bluetooth, so there is no need to connect mobile end devices directly. Equipped with three exchangeable top units, the docking station can be used as a universal charging device for various smartphones and MP3 players. The AUX output is used to connect to the RDS flush-mounted radio directly to play music.
- The radio insert and speaker can be installed individually in 1-gang cover frames or together in a 2-gang to 5-gang cover frame, either vertically or horizontally.
- Each radio component is installed in its own flush-mounted device box (recommendation: deep switch box).
- The radio insert requires a 230 V power supply
- The speaker and the Gira additional speaker for stereo operation can each be installed a maximum of 20 meters from the operating section using a 2-wire cable.
- The optional cinch socket outlet is connected to the radio insert at a maximum distance of 3 meters using a 3-wire cable.
- Installation in combination with other electronic components can negatively affect the reception quality.
- Frequency range: 87.50 to 107.90 MHz
- RDS function: if the received station transmits the RDS signal, the station name will be shown in large letters and the station frequency in small letters on the display. In this case, the current time will also appear without having to make any settings for this purpose.
- Capacitive sensor technology: the radio buttons need only be lightly touched for operation. To turn the radio on you don't need to touch the On/Off surface specifically – anywhere on the entire operating surface will do.
- Sleep mode: the radio switches off automatically 30 minutes after sleep mode is activated.
- Station presets: during initial start-up, the two strongest stations are automatically stored in the two station presets. - These can then be reassigned as desired by pressing and holding the memory button.