ApplicationsAirports, Schools, Cafeterias, Locker Rooms, Museums, Restaurants, Hospitals, Office Buildings, Stadiums & Convention Centers, Shopping Malls and Other Commercial, Industrial and Institutional Applications
CharacteristicsCustomer assistance throughout the entire process, high aesthetic appeal, fast delivery times, durability and low maintenance, extensive color, pattern and aggregate options
CertificationCA 10350, LEED
Terrazzo & Marble has supplied Terroxy Resin Systems to numerous airport projects around the world, providing highly durable, low-maintenance, aesthetically pleasing and sustainable epoxy flooring. The following characterisctics make Terroxy Resin Systems by Terrazzo & Marble the ideal option for airport flooring:
- Durability: Terrazzo’s impeccable durability and strength are ideal for the numerous high traffic areas within airports including security areas, terminals, baggage claims, car rental facilities, restaurants and retail stores. The seamless feature of terrazzo floors allows for travelers to commute from one side of the airport to the other at ease without the impediment of grout joints for their wheeled luggage, immensely reducing indoor noise. While the initial cost for other flooring systems might appear to be more affordable, they require more maintenance than terrazzo flooring. Other flooring systems such as carpet or vinyl tiles have to be replaced frequently, especially in high traffic areas, while terrazzo stands the test of time and typically lasts the lifetime of the building.
- Low Maintenance: Since airports are continuously operating during the day, the easier the maintenance, the better. Seamless terrazzo flooring allows for easy cleaning and sanitizing, and day-to-day maintenance only requires using a mop and a bucket of warm water. Terrazzo & Marble's Terroxy Resin Systems Epoxy Matrix also helps to prevent the growth of bacteria and fungus.
- Aesthetics: Terrazzo offers unlimited possibilities by allowing any imaginable combinations of colors, patterns, logos and pictures. This allows designers and architects to create distinctive designs that create memorable branding for airports along with wayfinding graphics for easier commuting. Terroxy Resin Systems' special formulation does not allow for colors to fade or wear thin.
- Sustainability: Terrazzo has long been a recycled product and was created centuries ago by Venetian workers utilizing waste chips from slab marble processing. The following aspects make Terroxy Resin Systems a sustainable choice for airport flooring:
- Use of recycled content for aggregates
- Use of local/regional materials
- High durability, lasting the lifetime of the building
- Does not emit Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
Terrazzo & Marble has been awarded for the following airports:
- 2017 NTMA Job of the Year: McCarran Baggage Claim & Ticketing
- 2017 NTMA Honor Award: Norfolk International Airport
- 2016 NTMA Job of the Year: Pittsburgh Int. Airport Airside Terminal
- 2016 NTMA Honor Award: Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport
- 2015 NTMA Job of the Year: Phoenix Sky Harbor Int. Airport
- 2014 NTMA Job of the Year: Los Angeles International Airport
- 2014 NTMA Honor Award: San Diego International Airport
- 2014 NTMA Honor Award: Minneapolis - St. Paul Int. Airport Terminal 2
- 2014 NTMA Honor Award: Cleveland Hopkins Airport
- 2013 NTMA Honor Award: Miami Int. Airport "Gateway of the World"
- 2013 NTMA Honor Award: Jacksonville International Airport
- 2012 NTMA Honor Award: Raleigh Durham International Airport
- 2012 NTMA Honor Award: Logan International Airport - Terminal B
- 2011 NTMA Honor Award: Blue Grass Airport
- 2011 NTMA Honor Award: Miami International Airport - North Terminal
- 2010 NTMA Honor Award: Springfield-Branson National Airport
- 2009 NTMA Honor Award: Miami International Airport
- 2008 NTMA Job of the Year: Kansas City Int. Airport - Car Rental
- 2007 NTMA Honor Award: Tampa International Airport
- 2006 NTMA Honor Award: Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood Int. Airport