- Completion Date: February 2017
- Size: Office - 2,000,000 SF, Retail - 40,000 SF
- Location: Tempe, Arizona
- Type of Project: Build-to-Suit Office, Retail
As well as being the largest office development in Arizona history, Marina Heights features a LEED Silver class A office development and four retail areas offering amenities to both tenants and the surrounding community.
The design for the Marina Heights project in Phoenix, Arizona, proposed an interesting challenge as it was impossible to attach window shade brackets to the vertical mullions. As a response, Draper developed a custom mounting solution that attached shades to the horizontal mullions between windows. The final step in the design process was producing 3D-printed sample brackets to test with a mock-up section of the mullion.
The buildings, home to State Farm Insurance, required more than 8600 Draper heavy-duty Clutch FlexShades units to be delivered and installed during the 19 month-long construction process.
Clutch FlexShade® NEXD
- Maximum width for product exceeds 144” (366 cm), depending on fabric selection
- Available in three hardware sizes: slim, small, and large. Where slim and small are available in the same size, small will be the default choice. The slim version offers a fully assembled cassette-style system with a 3-3/8" (86 mm) profile
- Comes with mounting endcaps (standard). Optional fascia with endcaps or surface mounted headbox available. For small and large sizes, pocket headbox or Type D Pocket available
- Clutch available in white (standard) or black
- Stainless steel bead chain (standard). Polyester chain available in white, black, brown, grey, or ivory at no extra charge
- Steel mounting endcap with integrated NEXD Clutch
- Height-adjustable idler endcap for fine leveling adjustments after installation
- Bead chain clutch operator mounted right (standard) or left-hand operation
- Hardware finish choices: clear anodized (standard), black, white, ivory, or charcoal bronze. Custom powder coat colors available.
- Pre-drilled jamb mounting holes
- Clutch-operated products can be ANSI/WCMA A100.1 compliant for areas where small children are present
- Product designed for interior use