- Completion Date: February 2017
- Size: Office - 2,000,000 SF, Retail - 40,000 SF
- Location: Tempe, Arizona
- Type of Project: Build-to-Suit Office, Retail
As well as being the largest office development in Arizona history, Marina Heights features a LEED Silver class A office development and four retail areas offering amenities to both tenants and the surrounding community.
The design for the Marina Heights project in Phoenix, Arizona, proposed an interesting challenge as it was impossible to attach window shade brackets to the vertical mullions. As a response, Draper developed a custom mounting solution that attached shades to the horizontal mullions between windows. The final step in the design process was producing 3D-printed sample brackets to test with a mock-up section of the mullion.
The buildings, home to State Farm Insurance, required more than 8600 Draper XD Clutch FlexShades to be delivered and installed during the 19 month-long construction process.
Clutch FlexShade® XD
The Draper Clutch FlexShade® XD window shade features a heavy-duty clutch that is built for durability, ease of use and low maintenance within commercial, healthcare, institutional and educational settings.
- Maximum shade width is 12' (366 cm) depending on fabric selection.
- Steel mounting bracket with integrated XD clutch.
- Optional Spring Lift Assist is available for ease of operation.
- Bead chain clutch operator mounted right- (standard) or left-hand operation.
- Clutch available in white (standard) or black.
- Stainless steel bead chain (standard). Polyester chain available in white, black, brown, grey, or ivory at no extra charge.
- Mounting brackets (standard). Optional fascia with endcaps, or headbox with closure.
- Dual roller system available with either brackets, fascia, or headbox.
- Hardware finish choices: clear anodized (standard), black, white, ivory, or charcoal bronze. Custom powder coat colors available.
- Small or large hardware options available.
- Adhesive attachment available upon request in place of spline attachment (standard).
- Product designed for interior use.