SIMES Ghost is a range of recessed lighting representing a revolution in understanding light in relation to the materials used in architecture: The light source integrates itself completely in the void until it disappears. What is perceived is only the light and its effect on the surrounding space. Architecture becomes thus a shell of “dynamic” surfaces of voids and fullness of light that directly derives from the material, following the creative path the lighting designer had imagined.
Ghost for Cladding
Ghost for cladding has been developed by SIMES to be installed in various cladding materials:
- Interior plasterboard panels
- Exterior fiber cement siding panels
- Construction materials that require a surface finish
The fixture has been developed to be totally integrated into the architecture. The slanted front aperture can either be in anodized aluminum or it can be finished with the same material finish as the wall. The front lip of the recessed housing and the aluminum sides of the front aperture will remain visible:
| || |
| Ghost with anodized aluminum front panel || Ghost with front aperture finished in the same material |
For Plasterboard or exterior fiber cement siding panels:
- Position the conduit for the electrical feed
- Fix the product to the plasterboard panel
- Cover the gaps between the panels with a mesh and plaster over
- Complete the surface finish
- The fixture is supplied with a slanted front panel accessory in anodized aluminum. For indoor applications this panel can be removed and then finished in plasterboard; for outdoor applications, it is suggested to use this panel (a 19mm recess depth has been provided for the final finish if the panel is not used)
- Once the plaster is dry you the LED profile can be fit into the void
For other walls built on site:
- Cutaway and position the conduit for the electrical feed
- Create a niche and recess the fixture housing and align correctly
- Cement the housing into the niche and use a gripping mesh to cover both the wall and the housing
- Cement the fixture into the wall, cut the gripping mesh around the aperture and continue with the finish by applying the relative material to the slanted aperture (19mm recess depth has been provided for the final finish if the panel is not used).
- The fixture is supplied with an anodized aluminum front panel. You can decide to use this panel so to have a complete aperture in anodized aluminum or without so to render the aperture in the same material finish as the rest of the surface.
- Once the cladding is dry you can fit the LED profile into the void.
|Protection class ||IP65 |
|Mechanical resistance ||IK 10 |
|LED's ||4000K CRI80 versions are available on request. |