ApplicationsGardens, parks and squares, recreation centers, schools, housing developments
CharacteristicsStabilized fabric, raschel knitted, locks 99% of UV Rays, flame retardant
Superior Recreational Products shade fabric keeps outdoor playgrounds cooler and protected.
This UV stabilized fabric is created from high-density polyethylene and Raschel knitted to resist fading, abrading, rotting, shrinkage and unraveling. The fabric is also flame retardant, with some of Superior Recreational Products 12 color choices being California Fire Marshal certified.The material blocks 91%–99% of harmful UV rays, depending on the color.
Top Reasons to Add Playground Shade
From swings, independent events, and play structures to children’s tables or benches, there are many benefits of integrating shade into various parts of the play environment:
- Shade structures typically keep spaces 20 degrees cooler for children to play in, allowing children to stay active and play longer.
- They keep equipment cool to the touch, avoiding playground injuries.
- They will increase the life of the play equipment by protecting it against fading and cracking that happens from sun exposure over time.
- A UV-protective shade protects children from the risk of getting skin cancer later in life
Ways to Shade A Playground
Enhance any outdoor play environment by integrating shade structures into aportion of active use zones:
- Cover an entire play structure with SRP Sail Shades or Hip Ends in square, rectangle, or hexagon shapes. There are many sizes and fabric colors available to match the play environment
- Integrated shade: use modular shade options to integrate a canopy into the posts of the playground.
- Swing set canopies: SRP skilled engineers have designed this to be safe and economical
- Shade independent play areas with umbrellas or cantilevers
- Bench canopy: SRP Bench Shade Attachment perfectly fits on the back of any 6-foot standard in-ground or surface mount bench
Playground Shade Assessment Basics
When determining the size of a shade for a playground, it is important to take the length, width, and height of the playground equipment into consideration: