A Standing seam is a single folded or double folded seam. VMZINC uses profiling and seaming machines for the closure of longitudinal seam joints, which significantly reduces installation time.
The low height of the seams (25 or 32 mm) contributes to the modernity, lightness, and regularity of the roof and facade while highlighting its architectural purpose. When dealing with more complex designs this system presents a more technologically advanced appearance.
- Large roof surfaces
- Structures located in regions of harsh climate, which are often subject to snowfall (mountainous or continental climate), strong winds, and heavy rain.
- Flexibility and discreet joints
- Quick installation
- Low seam height
- Theoretical thermal expansion coefficient of 1/64''/ft for 212ºF temperature change (22.mm/mm for 100ºC change).
- High wind resistance
- It is possible to modify the number of fixing clips required according to the prevailing climatic conditions.
|Height of the seam ||Centre to center distance 500 mm coil width |
|H = 25 mm ||430 mm |
|H = 32 mm ||416 mm |
|Thickness ||0.7 mm - 0.8 mm |
|Length ||to 15 m |
|Coverage ||1.66 ft2 per installed QUARTZ-ZINC/ANTRHA-ZINC panel |
1.4 ft2 per installed PIGMENTO panel
|Weight ||1.17-1.20 lb per ft2 installed |
|Minimum Pitch ||1:12 |
- Rigid and continuous
- Meet loading requirements in conformity with a minimum pull out strength of 50 daN for each clip
- Rest on at least 3 bearing structure elements
- Have no protruding elements on the support
- Lay the panel on the structure.
The L profile of the preceding panel and the clips that have been fastened to the panel and fixed to the structure are covered by the U of the next panel, avoiding stresses and lateral traction.
- Install clips.
The number of clips for roofing depends on the climate zone.
When the length of the roof slope exceeds the maximum recommended length, it is necessary to join the sheets using transversal junctions. Several techniques exist depending on the pitch of the roof.
Step (or drip) - For pitches of 3° (5%) or more:
The step height will be a minimum of 8 cm for Standing Seam.
Double Welt - For pitches of 8° (15%) or more:
The double welt can be used in the standing seam technique for pitches of 15% and above. The minimum length of the overlap is 200 mm with a securing clip at the top. The overlap should be increased according to climatic conditions such as wind and rain.
Single Welt - For pitches > 25° (47%) or more:
The single welt or single lock cross-welt with an overlap of 50 mm can be adopted for pitches greater than 47% (25°) in the standing seam technique.
VMZINC recommends using the double welt over the single welt for standing seam techniques as it provides greater water resistance.
Clips have a dual function:
- Ensuring the mechanical resistance of the entire roof
- Allowing free expansion of the metal
- Natural Zinc