ApplicationsRoofing, Wall cladding
CharacteristicsEasy installation, long-lasting, malleable, flexible, sound insulating
ColorsQuartz-zinc, Anthra-Zinc, Natural Zinc
CertificationUL Rated at 220 PSF uplift on a 3/4" plywood.
VMZinc Adeka zinc roofing is comprised of interlocking cladding panels made of a natural material with concealed fastenings. The factory-formed, polystyrene backed panels are made from a zinc alloy and are quick and easy to install. Other architectural uses include zinc wall panels.
The zinc interlocking panels are available in QUARTZ-ZINC, ANTHRA-ZINC, and natural Zinc. They provide ornamentation to architectural projects with a textured, natural finish. Zinc forms a protective layer when it comes into contact with air and water making it a low maintenance material. VMZinc provides both natural and pre-weathered options.
VMZ Adeka panel in QUARTZ-ZINC
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Elements are fixed quickly and easily using three screws in pre-drilled rimmed holes. The bottom row is held in place with a locking key fitted under adjacent Adeka VMZinc elements.
- Adeka elements are weather resistant thanks to the 2” (5 cm) overlap in the interlocking panels, raised edges at the top and dropped edges at the bottom.
- During and after installation the Adeka panel remains rigid thanks to the beveled PSE polystyrene wedge bonded to its underside.
|Natural Zinc||Shiny and smooth, evolves over several years as a protective layer forms|
|ANTHRA-ZINC||Charchol black which may lighten to dark grey over time|
|Panel Dimensions On Center||16 1/16'' vertical x 22 1/16” horizontal|
|Coverage||1.22 ft2 per installed panel|
|Weight||1.4lb per ft2 installed|
|Packaging||24 panels per box|
1. Examine substrates, areas, and conditions for compliance with requirements for installation tolerances, zinc wall panel supports, and other conditions affecting work.
2. Verify that substrate is plumb, sound, dry, smooth, clean, sloped for drainage, completely anchored, and that provision has been made for wall drains, flashings, and penetrations through zinc wall panels.
3. Examine primary and secondary wall framing to verify whether or not purlins, angles, channels, and other structural panel support members and anchorages have been installed correctly.
4. Prepare written report, listing conditions detrimental to the performance of work of this section. Submit a copy of the report to the architect.
5. Examine roughing-in for components and systems penetrating zinc metal panels to verify actual locations of penetrations relative to seam locations of zinc wall panels before installation.
6. Install zinc wall panels in orientation, sizes, and locations as indicated on the detail drawings.
Longitudinal Assembly Detail
7. Install zinc wall panels plumb, level, square, true to line, and within installation tolerances.
8. Begin laying from the eaves up, folding the locking key under the fold of the eaves flashing.
9. Install zinc wall panels perpendicular to girts and subgirts, unless otherwise indicated.
10. Anchor zinc wall panels and other components of the work securely in place, with provisions for thermal and structural movement.
11. Fasten zinc wall panels on vertical lines 28cm from the center. Flash and seal metal wall panels with weather closure edges and at the perimeters of openings.
12. Install flashing and trim as zinc wall panel work proceeds. Fasten flashings and trim around openings and similar elements.