ApplicationsFacades, wall cladding
CharacteristicsEasy installation, long-lasting, malleable, flexible, sound insulating
VMZINC's Adeka Wall Panel is a preformed panel that is quick and easy to install with a polystyrene backing. Used for both wall cladding and roofing material that gives architecture a textured effect. VMZ Adeka is UL Rated at 220 PSF uplift on a 3/4" plywood.
VMZ Adeka panel in ANTHRA-ZINC
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Elements are fixed quickly and easily using three screws in pre-drilled rimmed holes. The bottom row is held in place with a locking key fitted under adjacent Adeka elements.
- Adeka elements are weather resistant thanks to the 2” (5 cm) overlap, raised edges at the top and dropped edges at the bottom.
- During and after installation the Adeka panel remains rigid thanks to the beveled PSE polystyrene wedge bonded to its underside.
|Panel Dimensions On Center||16 1/16” vertical, 22 1/16” horizontal|
|Coverage||1.22 ft2 per installed panel|
|Weight||1.42 lb per ft2 installed|
|Packaging||24 panels per box|
|Surface colors||QUARTZ-ZINC / ANTHRA-ZINC / PIGMENTO Blue / PIGMENTO Brown / PIGMENTO Green / PIGMENTO Red / Natural Zinc by VMZINC|
- Examine substrates, areas, and conditions for compliance with requirements for installation tolerances, zinc wall panel supports, and other conditions affecting work.
- Verify that substrate is plumb, sound, dry, smooth, clean, sloped for drainage, completely anchored, and that provision has been made for wall drains, flashings, and penetrations through zinc wall panels.
- Examine primary and secondary wall framing to verify whether or not purlins, angles, channels, and other structural panel support members and anchorages have been installed correctly.
- Prepare written report, listing conditions detrimental to the performance of work of this section. Submit a copy of the report to the architect.
- Examine roughing-in for components and systems penetrating zinc metal panels to verify actual locations of penetrations relative to seam locations of zinc wall panels before installation.
- Install zinc wall panels in orientation, sizes, and locations as indicated on the detail drawings.
- Install zinc wall panels plumb, level, square, true to line, and within installation tolerances.
Begin laying from the eaves up, folding the locking key under the fold of the eaves flashing.
Install zinc wall panels perpendicular to girts and subgirts, unless otherwise indicated.
Anchor zinc wall panels and other components of the work securely in place, with provisions for thermal and structural movement.
Fasten zinc wall panels on vertical lines 28cm from the center. Flash and seal metal wall panels with weather closure edges and at the perimeters of openings.
Install flashing and trim as zinc wall panel work proceeds. Fasten flashings and trim around openings and similar elements.
Installation Detail for base of wall copy
Outside Corner Detail