2 Supplementary Files
VMZINC's Metafor Panel is a wall cladding system based on factory formed custom sized rectangular shape featuring formed interlocking welt at all edges.
Umicore Building Products' VMZ Metafor panel system consists of factory formed panels with a hidden S-lock system that provides seamless integration. The panels are available in multiple dimensions and in natural, QUARTZ-ZINC, ANTHRA-ZINC, PIGMENTO red, blue, green and brown, providing a variety of design possibilities.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Versatile system with an industrial look
- Vertical, diagonal and horizontal installation
- Thermal insulation
- Weather tight system
-Easy to install
- Maximum Dimensions: 10’ - 0” L
- On Center- 12”
- Corrugation Dimensions: 3” W x 5/8” H
- Convex: R1 72” pre-fab - R2 N/A
- Concave: 120” pre-fab N/A
- 10' long panels per create: 50
- Per 10´long installed panel: 10ft2
- Per Crate for installed panels: 500ft2
- Thickness: 0.8mm, 1mm
- Weight per ft2 installed:
- 0.8mm - 1.76lb
- 1mm - 2.21lb
- On Center: 12''
- Corrugation Dimensions: 3'' wide x5/8'' high
-Convex R1 72” pre-fab
-Concave R1 120” pre-fab
-Convex R2 N/A
-Concave R2 N/A
- Surface colors: QUARTZ-ZINC / ANTHRA-ZINC / PIGMENTO Blue / PIGMENTO Brown / PIGMENTO Green / PIGMENTO Red / Azengard
1. Examine substrates, areas, and conditions for compliance with requirements for installation tolerances, metal wall panel supports, and other conditions affecting performance of work.
2. Verify that substrate is plumb, sound, dry, smooth, clean, sloped for drainage, and completely anchored, and that provision has been made for wall drains, flashings, and penetrations through metal wall panels.
3. Examine primary and secondary wall framing to verify whether or not purlins, angles, channels, and other structural panel support members and anchorages have been installed correctly.
4. Prepare written report, listing conditions detrimental to performance of work of this section. Submit copy of report to architect.
5. Examine roughing-in for components and systems penetrating metal wall panels to verify actual locations of penetrations relative to seam locations of metal wall panels before wall panel installation.
6. Install metal wall panels in orientation, sizes, and locations indicated on the drawings.
Outside Corner Detail
7. Install metal wall panels plumb, level, square, true to line, and within installation tolerances.
8. Install metal wall panels perpendicular to girts and subgirts, unless otherwise indicated.
9.Anchor metal wall panels and other components of the work securely in place, with provisions for thermal and structural movement. Do not use a torch to field-cut metal wall panels.
10. Fasten metal wall panels in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. Flash and seal metal wall panels with weather closure edges and at the perimeters of openings.
11. Install flashing and trim as metal wall panel work proceeds. Fasten flashings and trim around openings and similar elements.
12. Maintain metal wall panels in clean conditions during installation.
13. Remove protective film within 90 days of installation.